Workout dvd's?

Options
loopylis
loopylis Posts: 116 Member
Can anyone recomend any good ones I can get in the UK?

Tried a few celeb type ones in the past that I didnt really get on with, would like some dance type ones I can do in the evenings when the kids are in bed! Have just got hold of a Zumba one Im going to try but wondered if there were any other good ones people could suggest?

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Apparently the 30 day shred one is good - itso nly about £5 too on play.com and amazon.co.uk. - im going to buy it this week :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michael 30DS (also got from Amazon) but its not a dance type one, its like circuit training.

I have a local dance DVD, called 'Moky', not not like a normal fitness DVD but includes lots of songs and dance routines. They are making a new one in 2 weeks. Moky is based IN Cumbria. You could google it.x
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll second the 30 day shred. It's a great 20 min workout and the routines are intuitive enough that I can do it w/o the verbal instructions (DVD has option to turn off voice and only play music). That way I can turn the sound down and do the workout first thing in the morning before the rest of the house wakes up.
  • loopylis
    Options
    Thanks have heard a lot about the 30 day shred but didnt realise you could get it over here, have just ordered it :)
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hate the 30 day shred! I'm on day 2 of the beginner level, no weights, and it's kicking my @$$. No, it's pretty good - it's only 20 minutes, gets my pulse up, sweat up, heart going in the morning. I'm 234 lbs (pounds) - and haven't been doing strength, just walking - I can't keep up with the jumping jacks, and "pretend" jump rope - because I'm breathing too hard, legs sore. I think if I was in shape, this level would be too easy for me, but i'm out of shape, so it's too hard .... which I guess is the point.

I'd recommend it - there's 2 more levels after level 1. So, when I can easily do level 1, I'll move up. I suspect it'll take me, personally, more than 30 days ... ;)

It's good, I'd recommend it. Hope this helps. :drinker:
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    PS. You're going to need some lite dumbell weights - maybe 1 lbs or 2lbs. I wouldn't get more if you're just starting ... trust me. :wink:
  • Shelly081
    Shelly081 Posts: 15
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is awesome. I'm on Day 12, and currently on level 2. After the first 2 days on level 1 I was super sore, eventually that went away. Now that I'm on level 2, it's back :laugh:. But, I have seen amazing results so far.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am loving 30DS. On day 5 Level 1 and really seeing a difference
  • nicoleburk
    nicoleburk Posts: 10
    Options
    This is not a work out DVD but on my anroid i have a an app that is couch to 5K, were its like a dvd tells you when to run, walk , jog and its an 8 week program...it helps motivate you to get out and prepare to run!
  • Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like Davina McCall's Body Buff, although its not dance but I certainly work up a sweat doing it.
  • lisa01mb
    lisa01mb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI, am also doing the 30 day shred and it is amazing. I am well into level 2 but take your time and only go up to the next level when you want to but it gets easier every day. You can really see and feel the results in a short time. I also love the Davina McCall workouts if I have more time. They are good for beginners and have lots of variations to keep you interested. Good luck!!
  • loopylis
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips - especially the dumbells, guess I shoild dig mine out of the back of the cupboard then! :laugh:
    Im looking forward to this 30DS now!
    Will have a look at the others suggested too :happy: