Replies

• JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah that's awesome :)
  • MillieSJ
    MillieSJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did it for a little while until I joined a gym. It's a GREAT workout. I felt the burn on muscles I didn't even know I had. Plus wearing heels while working out is pretty entertaining ;-)
  • Yeah but I'd like to do it in the privacy of my own home. I wish that I'd be able to install one but I reside in an apartment.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I did an intro pole class and it is HARD. I want to keep doing it but right now I don't have time to get my money's worth out of the membership. :disappointed: My trainer is moving this fall so if I don't find time before then, that's when I'll put it in!
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love pole fitness!! It's the best workout - super fun, and motivates you to workout more because the better shape you're in the easier it is to learn new moves! It's something to look forward to and makes you feel really good about yourself. If I could do it and love it, anybody can - when I started I had no upper body strength, no sense of rhythm and zero flexibility.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    First off, no spamming in the forums.

Second, use a properly secured pole, especially if you're overweight.

K2BwEjm.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    First off, no spamming in the forums.

Second, use a properly secured pole, especially if you're overweight.

K2BwEjm.gif

Okay this is just funny!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    There's a pole dance fitness studio about an hour away. If I had the funds (was kinda pricey) I would totally go. Maybe somewhere down the line I'll get the chance.

On a sidenote, have you seen what the competitive professionals can do? Those youtube videos, they're freakin insane and awesome!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just saw a video the other day that made me say "I wanna do that" but my ceilings are too low. Damned tiny apartment.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Here it is i think

Dammit i give up, here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYYJ8ZG-HK8
  • PCOSPAIGE
    PCOSPAIGE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm sorry you were offended by my posts in the discussions forums. I'm not really promoting myself though. I'm trying to bring awareness to PCOS. It's one of the most under diagnosed diseases among women and it's played a large role in my personal weight loss struggle. If you're offended by the videos themselves, I'm not really sure what to tell you other than don't watch them. They're helping me to gain the confidence that I've lacked for many years and by sharing them on sites like My Fitness Pal, I have been motivated to keep up with my weightloss and not lose hope like i have so often in the past when struggling with this disease.

But again, sorry if they affected your life in a negative light and offended you personally.