sore muscles suggestions

Options
Hello I just joined, and have started working out again, seriously this time , doing body revolution, I just finished my third day and I'm so sore I can hardly walk down my stairs lol any tips? I've heard that cold baths after a work out help, any thoughts? I have 3 kids so sitting isn't really an option, haha

Replies

• tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Glutamine
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Epsom bath and light stretching.
  • rebprest
    rebprest Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I find that rolling out your muscles on a foam roller is extremely helpful, especially if you do it pre-workout (but after too). They run about 25 dollars at Target or sporting stores for 30-40.
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Glutamine
  • misskellylove
    Options
    Thank you! I'm going to look into everything suggested :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    another vote for epsom salts
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    One vote for talking about it all over the Internet, on as many social media platforms as possible.

It won't help the soreness go away, but you'll feel more like the bada&& you are.

Massage (massage pillow, foam roller, human hands) either actually helps me or feels so badgood I stop caring whether it helps. :)
  • misskellylove
    Options
    I do use Epsom salts but I'm wondering if the temp. Of the bath makes a difference?
  • misskellylove
    Options
    One vote for talking about it all over the Internet, on as many social media platforms as possible.

It won't help the soreness go away, but you'll feel more like the bada&& you are

Ahahaha :smiley:

• karinacazier
    Options
    I do use Epsom salts but I'm wondering if the temp. Of the bath makes a difference?

I use Epson salt and the hottest water I can stand. I keep a bottle of cold water in reach to drink. This will help you relax and detox your body. I also throw in baking soda and lavender to help relax.
  • larryjefferson60
    larryjefferson60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am a fan of Epsom and stretching.
  • larryjefferson60
    larryjefferson60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am a fan of Epsom and stretching.