Looking for friends and encouragement.

Options
Anyone feel free to add me :)
I am a 22 year old college student fixing to finish up my associates degree in nursing and go on to pursue a more defined degree in radiation therapy. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I lost a lot of weight in high school because I was tired of being made fun of, but I also developed some eating disorders that I had to seek help for. After receiving help for my disorders I managed to keep the weight off for awhile until I started school. Going to college left me with little time to exercise and eat healthy. & now I am the heaviest I have ever been at 280 pounds I have a long road ahead of me to reach a healthy weight again, but I am determined to do it for my future. I am looking to encourage anyone I can in anyway I can. & hopefully in return we can all become a healthier us.

Replies

• k_birks21
    Options
    Hey! I'm also a college student, going to walk in May but graduate in December. I'll be glad to be done with college:)
    I've been heavy most of my life, joining local TOPS clubs & counting calories along the way. I've tried Nutrisystem too, it actually helped but was expensive:/
    Counting calories always works for me! I need to lose about 25 lbs but have been as heavy as 200 lbs when I was 13 and again around 23 I think... I just love everything about food haha.
  • SylviaGem
    SylviaGem Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you sound about like me & genetics hasn't been the nicest to me either. All of my mothers side has been over-weight and struggled and I took after them. Where as my fathers side are all small and I mean the type of small that makes you hate them. lol They can eat anything and do nothing and be as little as ever. So taking after my moms side has always made me feel inferior to those on my dads side. Anywhoo I will give you an add. & I recently filled out my about me and stuff so feel free to read. I will be willing to help you in anyway I can.
  • mrstkgreene
    mrstkgreene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 21 and also having weight issues. I have just purchased Hip Hop Abs, so will be doing that and keeping calorie count :)

Nice to meet you! Good luck!
  • katieheather7
    katieheather7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 28 looking to lose about 100lbs. I have also struggled with weight lose my entire life and come from a family of obese woman. I've always felt like it wasn't really fair seeing my friends and other people seem to eat what they want and stay the same. I've always had to be careful and weight lose seems to be more difficult for me. I would love to help support you in your journey :) I've been looking for someone to have weekly check ins with. Let me know if ud be interested.
  • TanyaKearney
    Options
    Me too. Just started today. Am hoping it will be a good positive journey.
  • SylviaGem
    Options
    I added you Katie & I totally look forward to getting to know you! just shoot me a message when ever and we can talk hopefully I can keep you motivated and you can keep me motivated.
  • chiney12
    Options
    Count me in. You can add me. Lets do this weight loss journey all together. I am trying to add u guys but i am having a problem with the website. You are all welcome to add me
  • SylviaGem
    Options
    chiney this website can be hard to work especially if you are using your phone which I use the majority of the time! but I will certainly give you an add feel free to msg me anytime you need anything hopefully I can be of help.