Dietchef and myfitnesspal

Options
Have always used myfitnnesspal and am today starting the Dietchef diet. How should I put my target calories into myfitnesspal? should I put in 1200 and let the excercise I log take care of any additional calories I am allowed or put in the total calories Dietchef recommend I eat and then ignore any extra allowed because of exercise? Obviously can do either but the first might give better results? Activity is tracked with fitbit, Strava and Bkool.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I thought diet chef was just premade food

You could do either ...choose whichever you're comfortable with

But use the convenience of your premade food to learn about recipes, portions etc or you won't be able to maintain any loss - maybe start experimenting with cooking homemade versions of foods you love for decent calorie values
  • arsc02
    arsc02 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mfp target is 1200. Diet chef daily meals are generally less than that as you make up the extra with fruit and veg etc. You can scan the bar code for all the meals. I'm trying not to eat back my calories if possible however there as days when I am more active and get tired and need and extra boost so I may eat between 1200 -1500. So far I have lost 5 lb in 2 weeks :-)
  • ChefKatana
    ChefKatana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Diet Chef gave me the calorie intake of 1470 and I have been using that and ignoring my exercise calories... Its worked for me so far, Ive lost 7lbs in my first week