I don't want to post to Facebook, but would love a buddy!

Options
Hello: I'm a menopausal woman who just started this thing. Getting my HDL/LDL levels right, bringing down my A1C a bit - that kind of stuff. I've got about 60 pounds to loose to reach my goal weight, the weight I maintained until I hit 40 and got that 20 extra pounds they give you for free that they don't want returned! And then I hit 50 and got some more....

I'd love to have some one to check-in with a few times a week. I don't want to check in daily, do video chats or post everything to Facebook... But I'd love a few people who feel the same about checking in every now and then, some one to say "great job!" or "hey, where are you?"

I am concentrating on the small goals - reaching my daily exercise goals (I have a Fitbit Charge HR) and keeping within my calorie and calorie profile goals. I am weighing myself once a week. For me, keeping my eye on the immediate, attainable daily goals works better than focusing on the final goals - which right now seem herculean.

Hope there are one or two of you out there that feel the same about keeping in touch!

The Hamster

Replies

• walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hey there, welcome. But better off logging your food in daily only takes mins. Best of luck. And hope you make 2015 your year for a new you
  • thehadster
    thehadster Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do log my daily stuff.
  • kasi1979
    Options
    Hi there, I just started MFP, I´m a bit younger but have some weight to loose.
    Welcome abaord.
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey there :smile:

I log in daily to track my intakes - but I do this through the app and a couple of times a week I log in on my computer where I look what everyone is about :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like to :)
  • michellebrichardson
    Options
    I am new here as well and would love to have an "accountability partner", someone to encourage me and check on me. I do not want to post my information to Facebook either. Please add me, I will be your partner! :D
  • top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I check in daily
  • PKHines
    PKHines Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello there.

I log in daily and and make comments on my news feed. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm working on losing 35 lbs by my 50th day - April 15. I started the year with the goal to lose 40 lbs and I've lost 5 so far. We can motivate each other!
  • taxes123
    Options
    Hi, I feel like you wrote that post for me! I am in the exact same situation and i also do not like facebook. I would love to be your accountability partner. Please add me.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I too am a menopausal woman in my fifties not interested in posting on Facebook but would love to connect weekly or on an as needed basis. I am new to this community chat.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi Hamster. You can add me. 50+ years old and close to 50lbs to lose. Use weekly baby step challenges to keep me motivated and on track and am in a small community of like minded ladies who do the same. I log in everyday and none of us post to FB or outside MFP. Welcome.

Any of you feel free to add me.
  • bala456
    Options
    Your post is word for word my story. Been recording my food for about a week and joined yoga classes. Any extra encouragement and motivation is a great thing to get and to give.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 50 in Oct. post menopausal (they give extra weight for that too). I have about 100 lbs. to go. I got rid of FB last year. I check in daily, I would enjoy checking in with you and giving you encouragement a couple of times a week.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and losing slowly. Feel free to add me as well. I do not share on facebook.