Jump start your metabolism?

Options
Someone at work told me I have to "jump start my metabolism". I asked what that meant and how do I do it, but didn't understand the answer. My best guess is I hook up jumper cables to my ears and start the car!! (just kidding)
:huh:
Anyone have any input on this statement? Thanks

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! I would like to hear the replies!!
  • katy5692
    katy5692 Posts: 140
    Options
    bump! :bigsmile:
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    exercising first thing in the morning is supposedly one way to jump start your metabolism.
  • weallhaveastory
    Options
    bump
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ok i think it means you need to switch up ur diet and exercise as ur body gets into a routine and is used to what you are doing!! so change a few things like the type of exercise and time you do it for and adjust ur calories cut out certain foods, when i cut of caffine i lost almost a stone in 3 weeks. hope this helps
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    exercising first thing in the morning is supposedly one way to jump start your metabolism.

Doesn't work for me, I exercise in the morning and then feel freezing cold all day!
  • Erica1965
    Erica1965 Posts: 36
    Options
    Ok, I just joined yesterday, would you please tell me what "BUMP" means? thanks
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options

It means the topic is sliding down the page and they are bumping it back to the top for replies.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Make sure to always eat breakfast

Don't starve yourself throughout the day

Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day like around 5-6 times a day (instead of just 3 big meals a day)

Do aerobic type exercise & if you do it in the morning - it should have your metabolism going all day

Weight train 2-3 times a week

Make sure to drink plenty of water!

Hope this helps!! :flowerforyou:
  • katy5692
    Options

It means the topic is sliding down the page and they are bumping it back to the top for replies.

i bumped this topic so I could comeback to it and see the replies :) means 2 things realllyyy.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    By eating small "meals" throughout the day as opposed to eating 3 times a day will boost you metabolic rate in ways that will shock you...even more than by hooking those jumper cables to your ears! :laugh:
    Try it for one week and see if you don't see a change...
    Here's what I do:
    4 a.m.: Morning exercise (1 hour)
    6: 30 a.m. Good healthy breakfast that is low in carbs. :drinker:
    8 a.m: Off to work! :grumble:
    9 a.m. Snack (fresh fruit with yogurt) :drinker:
    Sometime between 10:30 and noon: Raw veggies (munch! munch!) :drinker:
    12 Noon: Light lunch :drinker:
    After lunch I just keep munching on those raw veggies. :drinker:
    Sometime between 3 and 5 p.m.: Snack Low fat popcorn, or more fruit. Maybe a handful of whole grain cereal or nuts. :drinker:
    Quitting/Supper time: By this time I have literally eaten all day long...I'm not really very hungry (which is the key...don't get hungry!) :noway:
    Supper is whatever...if it isn't the healthiest, then I have to watch portion size. :drinker:
    try it...You will be surprised!
    Oh yeah...make sure you drink lots of water! :drinker:
  • coolkat17
    coolkat17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ok i think it means you need to switch up ur diet and exercise as ur body gets into a routine and is used to what you are doing!! so change a few things like the type of exercise and time you do it for and adjust ur calories cut out certain foods, when i cut of caffine i lost almost a stone in 3 weeks. hope this helps

i cannot imagine life without caffeine!:sad:
  • Erica1965
    Erica1965 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm so new at all this but I'm learning! :)
  • katy5692
    Options
    i knew nothing when i fist joined :smile: but you really do learn so much from this site :) enjoy it and keep it up ! :bigsmile:
  • ephinyb
    ephinyb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    4 a.m.: Morning exercise (1 hour)

Wow, I'm impressed. I can never wake up so early in the morning. :happy:
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When you bump a topic...you can check on it by going to "my topics" at the top here. No matter how far down it goes you can find anything you respond to in my topics easily.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    They have it right when they say to eat several small meals a day instead of 3 big ones....

Try to think of your body as a wood burning furnace....

When you dump too much wood (food) on top of the fire (your metabolism), the fire gets smothered.... if you do a little at a time, you keep that fire burning strong throughout the day....

Also, try green tea... unsweetend of course. It's a small natural boost (we can all use any extra help!) to metabolism. If you can't stand the taste, just drink lots of water.

The number one thing is to GET MOVING! Anything, walking, gardening, mowing the grass....

Lift some light weights (or try resistance bands)... when you build muscle, muscle burns calories !