Down 33 Pounds and I intend to keep it that way! (With pics)

Options
tyakolb
tyakolb Posts: 7 Member
It all began in the Summer of 2010, I had been back to the US with my family and had spent two months basically eating whatever I wanted so I just got huge. When I got back home reality started to sink in I was 194 pounds!
84rzl0ldif3o.jpg
fbnh0c35twg0.jpg
Me at 194lb Summer 2010
I started a drastic diet, I would feel faint, I didn't work out, I hardly ate, all very bad! But sure enough I lost the weight by the Summer of 2011 I was 157 pounds and looking great, but not feeling to good...
9da16e192dg6.jpg
Me at 157lb New Year 2011
In Febuary 2011 I met my boyfriend, at first i was still dieting severely but as the years went by I felt loved and comfortable and started not obsessing over my weight. I started to be happy again but after the bliss I looked in a mirror and didn't like what I saw anymore, It wasn't enough to be loved unconditionally by my boyfriend, I wanted to love myself... And at 189 pounds I didn't love myself:
vx5qt0zwz7wh.jpg
hnqtkh9pp384.jpg
8klg2wve2z9a.jpg
c5owp10i2yxt.jpg
Me at 189lb Summer 2013
So then... I decided that this was it, this was the time for a permanent change, not a diet. To be strong and healthy, not the be thin. To be proud and powerful! I started loosing weight the right way this time I started in January 2014, exactly a year ago! I work out I eat right, I have treats when I can fit them into my calories. I'm not yet as fit as I want to be but I'm gonna get there. Most of all I try to have fun and to live life at it's fullest:
vgxvks6y4q65.jpg
xnjmvkwssv7d.jpg
x0mzlsy5wnli.jpg
Now at 156lb!

I wanted to share my story to let you all know that it's a rollercoaster ride, up and down but if you're strong you will make it. Never give up, even if you loose all that hard work, just do it again and remember that you're worth it!

Replies

• mg_adina
    mg_adina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspirational story. You look great!
  • mslovelykj
    mslovelykj Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look awesome! Love that lacy black dress!
  • tyakolb
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah that dress is really great, it's lace and it has beading all over it. Actually it's more of a dark green than black in the right lighting^^
  • Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great job...you look amazing! Your story is my motivation! I weigh 188lbs and want to lose 28lbs. 5'11 Thanks for sharing!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! WTG!!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful and happy. I totally get the gaining weight while in a blissful relationship thing - not all reasons for gaining weight are about being unhappy. As you point out, staying focused through life's ups and downs is important.
  • lynney_s
    lynney_s Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story - you look great B)
  • SelvaRoja
    Options
    My story is similar to yours. I weighed 113lbs before I met my husband, and for the 3 years that I've known him all our dates were circulated around food. By the time I knew it i was 145lbs. Then exactly one year ago we found out I was pregnant, however at the same time, we found out that I was a high risk pregnancy. The doctors told me to take it easy and basically put me in bed rest. During my 9 months, my baby grew strong and healthy, but I gained even more weight. I am currently 189lbs. I tried extreme dieting and I managed to lose about 20lbs but I got comfortable again and started eating normally and gained it all back as if I hadn't done anything. And about, lets see, 10 days ago give or take I tried doing a sit up, an exercise I could do in the past with no effort, and it was a slap in the face when I couldn't even do one! So I research how to eat healthy and exercise. I barely started my journey to lose weight but I hope I have the same determination as you do. Thank you for your post and your success; they are great inspiration.
  • nycolepinkgirl
    nycolepinkgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Great work! Way to find the right path for you :)
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Congrats to you and your dedication.
  • AmillB
    AmillB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Beautiful I feel so depressed at 192 I really appreciate your courage to put this out there very motivating and inspiring
  • AmillB
    AmillB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you?
  • tyakolb
    Options
    It took me about 7 months to go from 189 pounds to 156 now. For the past 6 months I've been maintaining and trying to build muscle. Thanks every one for your support!
    BTW I am 5'9
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful in every picture, but so happy for your success! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
  • tpace3690
    tpace3690 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good work girl!
  • christhenix
    christhenix Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Looking great. Well done!
  • AlliterationGR
    AlliterationGR Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!