Hiking for exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I left several pounds in the Rocky Mountains this summer. I even switched from hiking shoes to trail runners - I love them!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tell me about trail runners. I haven't heard that term
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Tell me about trail runners. I haven't heard that term

Same here...
  • librarydebster
    Options
    I just googled it. Sounds like they have more tread to them
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Love to hike and bike. Love my trail runners, as I've always hiked in running shoes for some reason!!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Do you live in Ontario? If so, do you have favorite spots to hike? I tend to like forested areas with lots of hills. Any suggestions are appreciated

Do you live near the Bruce Trail? Lots and lots of hiking opportunities there.
  • librarydebster
    Options
    Yep, I have done a few sections of the Bruce trail and love it. I look forward to trying new ones all the time. I even bought a guide that shows all the sections.
  • librarydebster
    Options
    A general question. What are the flags and quotes used for?
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I like hiking weather has turned abit crappy now though!! last 1 was the Brecon becons horseshoe, Me and my other half did Pen Y fan, big fan y, Cribyn, and Corn pu .. There is a picture of me stood on the diving board off Pen Y fan in my pictures ;)
  • librarydebster
    Options
    I hiked last Sunday when it was snowing and it was beautiful. This week has been a bit too nippy for me but I intend to go again this weekend.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    when the weather is crap prefer to spend my time in the gym!! I have to ride my horse Sybil in all weather anyway! :p also working with horses I spend half my life out in the cold wearing layers of clothes! ;)
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Flag is to report a post, a quote is to quote the post you're replying. Hope that helps. ^^^
  • Hike2BHealthier
    Hike2BHealthier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The need to lose weight to backpack was the start of trying to get fit. I live in Washington state and the direction of nearly all of our trails are up, more up, and insanely high up. I have a long ways to go but I have now taken my kids on 4 backpacking trips.

I am planning to hike the PCT, too, in 12 years. It's a long way off but I have kids in school still so it will need to wait a while. In 2.5 years I am going to hike the Wonderland Trail, 100 miles around Mt. rainier and one tough mother. I can't wait!

I live in a suburban area but am lucky enough to have some very large parks with hiking trails very close to me. Love, love, love to hike!

I'm hiking the Wonderland Trail this summer! I've hiked a ton, but this will be my first big backpacking trip. I'm super focused to get myself as prepared and fit as possible!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I live in Tennessee. If like to gone the Appalachian trail one day.
  • librarydebster
    Options
    Nice to see that you all enjoy being active! This is the first year (from September 2014 til now, Jan 2015) that I have exercised so much outdoors in the winter and I'm loving it!