I forgot to mention that I'm 5'4" and 145 LBs
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I have a big frame based on wrist and forearm measurements

I'm also over 25 on the BMI scale (population measure not individual) with visible ribcage. BMI is a guideline range that shouldn't be used on an individual basis by about 25-30% of the population (those numbers came from another thread with some interesting research linked but I can't find it now and I'm a bit hazy on the actual percentage just know it was much higher than the 5% outliers most people comment on)

BMI is no judge of your body ...look to Body fat measures (dexa scans), but easier to go with measurements, mirror and clothes

How/where did you get that calculated actually? Because my forearms and wrists are rather thin. However, shoulders are broad and my calves are rather thick. So I don't fully believe I have a thin frame, but based on my wrists I probably should...

Wrist only
    nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

Wrist and elbow breadth
    healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz

And wiki
    m.wikihow.com/Measure-Frame-Size

Wouldn't calves be muscle ..and a lot of shoulders too...I think the point about wrist forearm is there's very little fat / muscle there

Ugh, got mixed up, I meant ankles…

Brillian. I have a small frame according to my wrists and a large frame according to my elbows! :smiley: Yet another way I failed to be classified. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have the largest frame of my sisters and mother. I'm currently a canadian 14 and will to get to a 12. I was a size 10 in high school and underweight (115 lbs on my 5 foot 6 frame). I will NEVER be a 6 or a 4 .
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I have the largest frame of my sisters and mother. I'm currently a canadian 14 and will to get to a 12. I was a size 10 in high school and underweight (115 lbs on my 5 foot 6 frame). I will NEVER be a 6 or a 4 .

Is a Canadian 14 the same as an American 14?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    oh wait, you're 56 years old. You can't compare your size in high school to now. with vanity sizing, it has changed drastically. I'm 40 years old. Assuming American sizes are the same as Canadian sizes, A size 10 back when I was in high school is likely a size 6 now. I don't know how it works in comparing a size 10 when you were in high school, but it could possibly be a 4 now if sizes changed in those 16 years. Also, with body fat percentages going up as you age, I wouldn't be surprised if a size 10 when I was in hs is even a size 4 now.

In high school I was a size 6. Now at age 40, I'm a size 2. I'm close to the same weight. Not sure about how my body fat percentage compares, but I'm guessing it's higher, so a size 8 back then is probably a size 2 now.

I also have a wide frame, but I could still get down to a size 2. Sizes now are big.