Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Argh help me stay motivated

I bought a Fitbit flex for Christmas ..so far so good I love it have just started using it in the last week ...can't believe how much more motivated to move myself I am ...
My question is ive been healthy eating this week and walking between 1700 and 2000 steps daily
Before I averaged at about 7000 to 1000 steps daily I know this because I had a pedometer ...
Anyway I feel so annoyed to see ive only lost one pound am I expecting too much?
I only want to loose 9 in total
Should I just go for a pound loss a week ?
I am so impatient I just want to finally loose the last few ...
You will see I haven't logged any food I know what to eat now and stick to the same thing daily
Breakfast ... Egg and low fat venison sausages or porridge
Lunch ...... Soup with low cal bread
Snacks grapes or a baked apple with low fat Greek yogurt
Dinner salmon and green veg sometimes with a small sweet potato
I stick to this plan when I am trying to be healthy and loose weight
Am I just expecting too much to happen too quick ?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    9lbs to lose you should go for 0.5lb a week

If you stick to the same food to "diet" it's going to come back on when you stop you know

Lose weight with maintenance in mind, work out how to change your eating habits for good ..variety and everything you like within moderation
  • DanielNotDan
    DanielNotDan Posts: 30 Member
    If you can't stop thinking about it, then don't stop trying to achieve it. You are nowhere NEAR as impatient as me (!!) so you better keep to your plan! You can do it. Rabbit is right: keep the maintenance/long term view in mind.
    You can do this!