Greek yogurt

Options
I can eat anything with Greek yogurt!
Spiced up for a dip, added to soups, desserts.
I don't feel like I'm depriving myself.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :smile: you can do a lot with Greek yogurt
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    They make Greek Yogurt dips now too. Some of them are REALLY good. Sabra (the hummus people) make a French Onion one that tastes like chip dip, but has so many fewer calories. I use it on carrots :)
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I just made a spinach mac and cheese made with whole wheat pasta and greek yogurt. it was pretty yummy
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I made greek yogurt alfredo last night. It was good. But yep, I buy it in bulk at Sams because I have found it is my new go to for everything.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I just made a spinach mac and cheese made with whole wheat pasta and greek yogurt. it was pretty yummy
    That sounds awesome! Do you have a recipe you could share? Thanks!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    jpkrueger wrote: »
    That sounds awesome! Do you have a recipe you could share? Thanks!

yep!
    8oz whole wheat pasta
    8oz shredded cheese of your choice
    2 cups of fresh spinach
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4tsp garlic powder
    1/4tsp onion powder.

prepare your noodles as directed. place the spinach in a strainer, reserve 1 cup of the water before pouring the noodles on top of the spinach in the strainer. Return both the spinach and noodles to the pot, then add the cheese and 1/4 cup of the reserved water. stir until cheese is melted, add in the greek yogurt and seasonings and stir to blend. Adding more of the reserve water to desired consistency. ( I didn't have to add anymore water)
    serve. makes 4-6 servings.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it in my smoothie or with nuts and honey or maple syrup
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat Fage 2% plain and use it as a dip for all kinds of fruit and veggies. Delicious!
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It's good for sunburn too :)
  • myaco
    myaco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I made a super-good buffalo chicken dip with greek yogurt and a bit of blue cheese. Mmmm.
  • trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix blender (a Godsend) and I mix Fresh fruit (Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, or whatever frozen fruit I currently have on hand) that I bought and tossed into the freezer to freeze over night with Dannon 2X protein Greek yogurt and eat it as ice cream. By freezing the fruit it normally causes the yogurt to freeze making a thick and yummy ice cream. Sometimes if I don't have enough fruit I add a little ice in to make sure the yogurt freezes up good.

Other times I will allow the mixed ice cream to freeze in the freezer over night and it comes out hard in a clump and eat it that way with a spoon slowly shaving off a little at a time. A good way to slow down eating ice cream since I love to gobble it down so fast.