How long before you really noticed a difference?

Options
I have another 20lb to lose...I've lost 8lb already, in the past 4 weeks, but I can't say I'm seeing much of a difference, except maybe my collar bones are sticking out a tiny bit more...when do you think I'll look in the mirror and think woah!? another 2 months? 3? I plan to lose all my weight and be at 120lb by the end of August.

Any experience would be good :)

Replies

• korgscrew
    korgscrew Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I dont think you will suddenly see a woah!! moment as you see yourself everyday.

I can tell a difference after a month as my t-shirts are really baggy and they didnt used to be!

maybe try to take some pictures of yourself evey month and compare.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I noticed things like energy and strength before I noticed changes in the mirror. After a few weeks of consistent exercise, water intake and healthy eating, I suddenly realized that I wasn't exhausted at 3 pm in the afternoon. it was probably about 10-12 lbs when I really started to notice cloths fitting looser and then another month before I started to see definition in my arms and legs. But I am a lot heavier than you, so you will probably notice it sooner.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    pictures, measurements, or a pile of clothing that get progressively smaller and you work your way through - that's the only way to get a woah moment really
  • arush22
    arush22 Posts: 11
    Options
    It takes time...and patience. I just recently started noticing a difference after losing 25 pounds all together. And I still feel fat even though my clothes are a lot looser. I know I still have a ways to go and that's okay. Hang in there...you will start noticing soon!
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Pictures and measurements are a great thing to do...then you can look at them and compare and really see the difference. Its really hard to notice when you see yourself everyday. I am trying to tone up now adn cna not tell a difference at all but my fiance told me he could see more muscle in my stomach. Made me feel good....that is when I decided to take a couple pics and in a month take more and compare them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I lost very little for the first month and a half, then one day I put on my jeans and had that "woah!" moment. For whatever reason, a bunch of weight came off at once. Then it tapered off again.
  • nymamiyankee
    Options
    so far i've lost 10 pounds and i have a lot more energy already...its great...ive also noticed in can now 'button' some pants I couldnt wear before..i still cant wear them comfortably, but the change is there...i've also had some ppl at work already tell me they can see ive lost weight..nice feeling!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I noticed things like energy and strength before I noticed changes in the mirror. After a few weeks of consistent exercise, water intake and healthy eating, I suddenly realized that I wasn't exhausted at 3 pm in the afternoon. it was probably about 10-12 lbs when I really started to notice cloths fitting looser and then another month before I started to see definition in my arms and legs. But I am a lot heavier than you, so you will probably notice it sooner.

Yes, I completely agree-noticing energy and physically feeling better long before I noticed anything in the mirror, and those physical changes were may more important to me than the numbers on the scale--the numbers on the scale were just an added bonus - :)
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I noticed after about 10 pounds that my clothes fit different, but just looking at myself I couldn't tell right off. I started noticing right around 20-25 pounds when looking at myself. And then around 30-35 I would catch myself in a mirror or other reflection and not be sure it was me, and then at 40 lbs when I saw old pictures I realized that I looked like a totally different person. Other people didn't notice until 30 pounds or so.
  • Tutumiller
    Tutumiller Posts: 11
    Options
    Take your body measurements to notice subtle changes.and don't under eat or you will go into starvation mode and not lose the weight by the time you would like. Good luck. Tutu
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    You should really start measuring yourself and taking pictures, it's tons easier to notice a difference.
  • kevin2406
    kevin2406 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't start out to lose weight. I had just decided to start eating healthier (quit fast food/sodas). One day I hopped on the scales and noticed 25 lbs gone:) I didn't feel any different or look any different. I got serious at that point and started being aware of the other foods I was eating and portion control. By the time I dropped another 10-15 lbs I was getting comments on my baggy clothing and saying I looked like I had lost weight (in my eyes I still didnt feel or look any different). Went out and bought new clothes and that was when the big change was noticed. It did kinda hit me with a "whoa" moment. Everyone was saying I looked so much different all of a sudden. It may not be the same for you but it did seem to take awhile to notice (like 4 months for me).

Kevin
  • misslys9304
    misslys9304 Posts: 17
    Options
    i started to notice a difference after about 2 weeks. my pants weren't super tight anymore and my stomach looked smaller. for some reason i don't think my measurements have changed too much yet but i'm sure that will come after some excercise. i've lost 18 lbs so far from cutting calories and eating healthy.