So nervous

Options
Well today is my 6th day since I've been on this low carb diet and joined MFP. I am so proud of myself BUT so nervous ...tomorrow is weight in day for me and I'm excited but yet nervous too. I'm hoping for an 8lb loss since it's my first week...got my fingers crossed. I know next week it won't be as much as this week but I've got to hang in there.

Replies

• MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have decreased my carbs also. Is this your first time doing a low carb diet
  • strive58
    Options
    Good Luck, wow, I have never had an 8 pound loss. Let us know how it goes.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged if the loss is less than you hope for. Weight loss isn't linear, and something as simple as having more sodium than usual might lead to water retention.
  • LorettaB1967
    LorettaB1967 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did the low carb diet when I was a lot younger and did good.Have put it all back on in last few years due to stress eating. Think I'm getting it under control again.
  • kelsRwiley
    Options
    Today is also my first week and today was my weigh in day. Im so nervous, I missed it hoping to work up the courage for tomorrow.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight to expect to lose, and dropping so much so fast might not be entirely healthy.

I think that you can feel great about what you are doing even if you loss is 2 pounds.

Would weighing every day make the process less nerve-wracking for you?
  • Nannerss
    Nannerss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Carbs are my weakness.