Fitness tracker

Options
i am wanting to get a fitness tracker what one do you have and what do you like/dislike about it

Replies

• landon065
    landon065 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    am in the same situation. I was really looking at fitbit for a while; waiting for the Surge to be released. However, now I am thinking I will get the Polar M400. Seems to do all the things the Surge can do but $50 less expensive. The Surge has an optical heart rate monitor, which I really wanted, but the more I read and learn about them the less confidence I have in their accuracy.

The Polar uses a strap HR monitor, which is sort of annoying and means I will probably only wear it when I am doing some time of activity. However it only costs $179 without a strap and I already have one so it works for me. The Surge is $250.

I really want something that will map my runs as well as track calories. If you are only looking for a basic tracker I think Fitbit is the way to go. Probably the Charge or the Flex, depending if you want phone notifications as well. Check out RizKnows on YouTube. I watched a lot of the review videos. They are pretty good.

Really if you are still unsure I check out https://lumoid.com/wear. The company will let you pick five trackers and use them for a week at a cost of $20. Just send them back when you’re done. Pretty cool concept.

Still not 100% convinced I will get the Polar M400, but pretty sure at this point. Probably give it another few weeks and then make the jump.

I would love to hear about other peoples experiences.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between sticking with Fitbit and upgrading to the new Fitbit Charge or Charge HR , or trying out the Garmin Vivofit. I have had a Fitbit of one kind or another for four years now and love them; I've also had great experiences with their customer support.

My daughter has the Vivofit and loves it. It has several features that I really like that Fitbit doesn't such as the ability to shower and swim with it on, setting goals for you based on your prior activity, etc. It also has a larger display although it is not backlit and therefore you can't see it in the dark.

I will more than likely stay with the Fitbit because of my positive experiences with it but I need to decide whether paying the extra money for a HR from your wrist is worth it or whether to just get the Fitbit Charge.

Whatever you decide, have fun with it!
  • larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    landon065 I currently own a Polar M400 (and just upgraded to the V800) and must say that I have really enjoyed having it. The cost vs. benefit is definitely worth it and the battery life on it is great. I would definitely recommend it, especially since Polar is working on opening up their data to connect with other sites/apps. Actually, if you're an iOS user, MFP support should be added by the end of the month.

Since last year I've become a big fan of Polar and their devices.

Also, if you get it, feel free to follow me on Polar Flow: https://flow.polar.com/training/profiles/4643420
  • sloanja
    sloanja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what u are looking for my galaxy 5 s using run keeper works great..no heat monitor on it if you need that..I use the jawbone up24 for tracking steps and other things like sleep water etc