How many calories do you eat for 2lbs a week loss ?

Options
sandown12
sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Trying to find my best weightloss cals ?

Replies

• Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you filled out your profile? Usually when you fill it out, based on how active you are and how much you workout and your current weight, the site helps you get there. I am currently at 1731 calories for a possible 2lbs a week weight loss as I am on low impact workouts. But when I was on high impact, I was on 2100 calorie intake as I was working out 6 days a week at 45 minute HIIT workouts
  • sandown12
    Options
    Yeah but it'll give me 1200 which is wrong thanks :)
  • Mauigirl62
    Mauigirl62 Posts: 55
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wrong too high or wrong too low? I am eating 1200 a day (I am 5 feet tall and weighed 172 when I started) and I have lost 4 lbs. in about 2 weeks. I am not active.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sandown12 wrote: »

The lowest it will go is 1200 calories...there is no reason to eat below that number unless you are on a supervised diet. For the average female without exercise that is going to equate to a deficit of roughly 600 - 800 calories.

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    when i first started losing weight, it wouldn't let me lose 2 pounds a week. 1200 is the floor. what do you weigh and how tall are you? the fact that it's setting you to 1200 calories sort of tells me that you can't lose 2 pounds a week.

the calculator is pretty accurate if you add in exercise calories.

we also can't possibly tell you what you should be eating just based on your op which tells us absolutely nothing about your stats. how do you expect us to tell you that based on no information? we are not psychic.
  • sandown12
    Options
    If you eat go low when you up them for maintance you won't be able to up them much so maintance calories if little exercise is low
    Id rather not eat 1400 a day the rest of my life
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why do you think it's wrong?
  • Aviva92
    Options
    If you eat go low when you up them for maintance you won't be able to up them much so maintance calories if little exercise is low

what?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

The what now?! :huh:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

The what now?! :huh:

That's what I was thinking.
  • sandown12
    Options
    It's not hard to understand

If you've 50lbs to lose & eat 1200 calories when you maintain you won't be able to eat much more as your body's used to low calories
    This is what happens to yoyo dieters, years of low cal diets = to regaining weight quickly once you eat more calories. I have watched documenties on it , a dieter at maintance if eating low calories to lose weight can never eat the same amount as a slim person who never diets .
  • sandown12
    Options
    You know it's true there's some rude people on here

Bye
  • TavistockToad
    Options

If you've 50lbs to lose & eat 1200 calories when you maintain you won't be able to eat much more as your body's used to low calories
    This is what happens to yoyo dieters, years of low cal diets = to regaining weight quickly once you eat more calories. I have watched documenties on it , a dieter at maintance if eating low calories to lose weight can never eat the same amount as a slim person who never diets .

So you've yoyo dieted for so long that you can't eat more than 1200 cals....? That's what you're saying?
  • Aviva92
    Options

if you eat back exercise calories you won't be eating 1200 calories.

I netted 1200 calories back when I was dieting and now that I stopped, I can eat a lot more. It did not destroy my metabolism at all.

and anyway, you still have not given us any stats, so do you think we are psychic to tell you how much to eat?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

Bye

LOL see ya!
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »

Bye

LOL see ya!

Rage quit already?!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

Bye

LOL see ya!

Rage quit already?!

I know...I think that was a record!
  • Aviva92
    Options

Bye

b'bye
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

If this is really what you believe then why are you trying to shoot for the most aggressive weight loss goal? 2 Lbs per week is a 1,000 calorie per day deficit from your maintenance...there's not getting around that.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Bye

LOL see ya!

Rage quit already?!

So fast. I was waiting for you to explain it to her as I am not as eloquent.