Age 40 with 30 pounds to lose

Options
I'm trying to lose 30 pounds but it's hard to stay motivated and on track with a full time job and a busy family life. How can I do this and not go crazy?

Replies

• macartwrig73
    macartwrig73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just want you to know that you are not alone. I have the same desire and the same demands. Anything that works for you, please let me know.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 too, work and have two young children. I find planning ahead is the only way to succeed- make meals in advance, bring your own lunch to work, keep a low cal meal in the freezer for emergencies. I try to exercise with the kids where possible, or fit in around them. For example go for a run at lunchtime or while they are at soccer training. It can be done! Send me a friend request if you think we can help each other:)
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 30 pounds but it's hard to stay motivated and on track with a full time job and a busy family life. How can I do this and not go crazy?

I don't know... I am a week and a half in but still a little crazy. It is hard being hungry throughout the day but worth it so far. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can help one another. Good luck.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Priorities. It can be difficult, but you must decide for yourself what is most important in the grand scheme of things, and act accordingly. If being healthy and being around for your family for longer is important to you, then behave as if it's important. It's easy to get wrapped up in the day-to-day stuff and forget the big picture. And it's easy to put your own long-term needs aside for the more immediate needs of those around you. You just have to decide which is the most important and stick with that.
  • ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You're right Snuggle, it is about priorities. I have started what I hope are life-long changes- not eating the kids leftovers, chomping on things as I make dinner, and settling for things everyone in the house will eat. The big picture is easy to forget but hopefully the day-to-day changes will add up to bigger long-lasting ones.