healthy snack ideas!

Options
mackenzieclyon
mackenzieclyon Posts: 8 Member
Im new here and I only know a few healthy snacks, what do you guys have!?

Replies

• drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Veggies. Each morning (of the night before) I cut up 2-3 cups of raw veggies in a tupperware for the next day. I like raw green beans, raw cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, carrots, jicama, colored peppers, celery. I do 1/2 cup of each, whatever I bought that week. The mix is more interesting than one big container of the same veggie.
    Also--Skinny Pop-my new favorite snack thing! And 100 calorie yogurts.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    apple and peanut butter.........celery and peanut butter........veggies with hummus....cottage cheese......skinny cow ice cream ...mott's apple and cinnamon applesauce(individual containers) are a few that I eat
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit (low in calories and the citrus keeps me from craving other foods), apples, snap peas, air pop popcorn (also low in calories!) nuts (not low in calories- so be careful), and I always keep a health bar of some sort on me. It might sound silly but children's snack bars typically have fewer calories, fewer processed foods, and are more nutritious! And when I just can't keep munching I drink a cup of hot green tea.
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    drabbits3 wrote: »
    Veggies. Each morning (of the night before) I cut up 2-3 cups of raw veggies in a tupperware for the next day. I like raw green beans, raw cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, carrots, jicama, colored peppers, celery. I do 1/2 cup of each, whatever I bought that week. The mix is more interesting than one big container of the same veggie.

Jicama is FANTASTIC!
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Natural yoghurt with some protein powder to flavour it, topped with fruit or a crushed up cereal bar. Apple with a light dairylee triangle. Nakd bars. If you're from the UK, BEAR Nibbles are great, so delicious, nutritious and low in calories. If you're looking for a bit more protein, a boiled egg is only ~80 calories!
  • mackenzieclyon
    Options
    drabbits3 wrote: »

That sounds delightful im definitely trying your idea! Thank you
  • rosie291289
    rosie291289 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit (low in calories and the citrus keeps me from craving other foods), apples, snap peas, air pop popcorn (also low in calories!) nuts (not low in calories- so be careful), and I always keep a health bar of some sort on me. It might sound silly but children's snack bars typically have fewer calories, fewer processed foods, and are more nutritious! And when I just can't keep munching I drink a cup of hot green tea.

Ha I'm glad I'm not the only one for the kids snacks

I pretty much get all my snacks down the kids lunchbox aisle! Haha!

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Carrots and garlic hummus. Aldi has these Chocolate Ice Cream Bars that are 100 calories. I have a Fiber One Oats and Peanut Butter Bar at 2pm every work day. Beef Jerky/Beef Sticks. Handful of Almonds. An apple. I have 3 snacks a day typically so it depends on what time of the day. There are what I have around.
  • Kmbrin7656
    Kmbrin7656 Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey I love yoplait whipped yogurts, especially if I'm craving chocolate, they offer a low calorie chocolate yogurt. I also like carrots, I don't dip them in anything except water if they are a little dry, nuts/seeds unsalted, and fruit of any kind is always good, anything easy to eat and that stores easily is good for me because of my job, and oatmeal that I add water/almond milk to in a jar let it soak for a while(put whatever fruits in it) and eat on the go. I drink water throughout the day, black coffee, and milk, occasional tea if I'm craving it I mix unsweetened with sweet if I do t have any sweet and low on hand. :)
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I also cut up tons of veggies each Sunday night and leave them in a big bowl in the fridge and take a baggie full for my drive to work to munch on. Carrots, celery, mushrooms, lots of radishes and colored peppers. For chocolate cravings I keep a half gallon of chocolate almond milk and drink about 1/2 cup. It's filling and killer chocolate taste.
  • mackenzieclyon
    Options
    Wow!! Thank you all of you have very yummy ideas!
  • michellei223
    Options
    My favourite low cal snack is the silhouette yogurt with zero fat and no added sugar. Only 40 cal and 4g of sugar and tastes just as good as any other yogurt I've had.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Celery with Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Wedge - 3 sticks about 7 to 8 inches and one wedge (about 40 cals).