This is hard

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    You can eat after six just have to avoid Sugar and Carbs! Try for some high Protein to get you through the night.

Why?
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Tavistock toad don't know the scientific reason but been told by many PTs not to eat after 6pm to loose weight!

Eh, myths need to stay buried lol.
  • lucyephillips86
    lucyephillips86 Posts: 32 Member
    Cwolfman13 haha let's bloody hope I don't lol
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Let go of the myths . It's about calories in / calories out. If it fits in your day, then go for it. Don't believe everything you hear.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    You can eat after six just have to avoid Sugar and Carbs! Try for some high Protein to get you through the night.

Please explain why she shouldn't eat carbs or sugar at night????????? ( another example of myths!) Stay within your daily calories and you'll be fine. There's no need to over complicate things. I eat carbs and sugar Every night and have no issues :-)
  • lucyephillips86
    The thing is you hear something like that from a PT your going to take there advice for concrete as there in the profession and are meant to know there stuff and know what there talking about I've never counted calories before, my first time!...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Tavistock toad don't know the scientific reason but been told by many PTs not to eat after 6pm to loose weight!

There's no scientific reason...
  • TavistockToad

:noway:

No
  • lucyephillips86
    Scientific reason as in what it does to the body if you do eat after 6pm but apparently it's just a myth!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    V8! It's a miracle worker. Lots of vitamins, low in calories, and makes
    You feel like you ate something! A V8 and a cheese stick keeps me going for a good 2-3 hours.

Unfortunately V8 is really high in sodium so I tend to not go that route (but I love my cheese and hard cooked eggs at night)

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    The thing is you hear something like that from a PT your going to take there advice for concrete as there in the profession and are meant to know there stuff and know what there talking about I've never counted calories before, my first time!...

PTs don't know jack about nutrition. Most know jack about how to properly train a person anyway. Take zero nutritional advice from a PT.
  • TavistockToad
    Scientific reason as in what it does to the body if you do eat after 6pm but apparently it's just a myth!

It doesn't 'do' anything... If you're in a calorie deficit you'll lose weight regardless of what time you eat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

Most PTs have little to no background in actual nutrition. They may know there stuff in RE to exercise, but most of them get their nutritional information from the same sources that perpetuate these myths.

Also, a lot of these kind of things are born out of trying to control weight without counting calories...so not eating after 6 is basically a way of controlling calorie intake...low carbing is a way of controlling calorie intake, etc, etc, etc...but people don't understand that and all of a sudden carbs are the devil and you turn into a pumpkin after 6.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Its a myth. What you might want to do is if this goes on for a while, then look at what you are eating and maybe shify the balance of your calories so you have some more left at the end of the day. You have to find the plan and diet that suits you.
  • earlnabby
    Unless you have a tendency towards acid reflux while sleeping, there is no reason not to eat at night. Yes, the metabolism slows down when you sleep, but it speeds up again before you even wake up. You body releases hormones to get you ready for the day. It is all about circadian rhythms and keeping a deficit over a 24 hour period. Even that number is somewhat arbitrary, just easiest to follow.
  • lucyephillips86
    I have plenty of calories to play with that's not the problem it's just not wanting to eat late.....

I also love my carbs!!!!!! Again was advised to have carbs at lunch time to give my body long enough to burn them off!!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    I have plenty of calories to play with that's not the problem it's just not wanting to eat late.....

If you're hungry after 6pm and still have calories left, I don't see what the problem is?
  • earlnabby

I also love my carbs!!!!!! Again was advised to have carbs at lunch time to give my body long enough to burn them off!!!!!

You are constantly fueling your body and burning that fuel. Timing has nothing to do with how and when you burn.

• lucyephillips86
    Ok thank you earlnabby learnt some new tips and advice which I'll take on board.

Thanks everyone
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    I also eat dinner after 7 every night, closer to 8p... ive lost 62 lbs.