Best time to weigh yourself?

Options
rjs3455
rjs3455 Posts: 67 Member
What is the best time to weigh yourself? I know they say in the morning before you eat anything. But I run every morning. I hear that you weigh more after running. Is this true? Some say you should weigh yourself at night before you go to bed. What is everyone's preference?

Replies

• crystal10584
    crystal10584 Posts: 334
    Options
    right when i wake up... go potty, strip, weigh.
  • hopem6
    hopem6 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try to do the same day of the week in the morning when you wake up. before you run go to the scale.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    In the morning.....that's your true weight....I'm always the lightest then....before eating, exercising etc....
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    In the mornings is when I weigh myself I find it to be the most accurate. Good luck!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter when as long as your consistent with it. For example, I weigh myself every wednesday morning right after breakfast ( I eat the same breakfast pretty much every morning) wearing my underwear only that way I can track my weight loss. So just do whatever works for you but do it the same every week to be the most accurate with your weight loss.
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself about 5 times a day! it's a terrible habit! otherwise i normally do it in the morning as i weigh less. You could pick day, and weigh yourslef at the same time every week on that day in the morning, before you run. As soon as you wake up (after you been for a wee).

Good luck

V x
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Me too, only I do it in my PJs (it's cold here at 530am) and take the 800g off for my clothes to get the 'correct' weight....
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options

I weigh myself first thing Monday morning...roll out of bed, strip and step on that scale. But, you have to be consistent to show your progress...same time, same day of the week.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    as long as you're consistantly weighing yourself the same time of day, it doesn't really matter
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself all of the time lol but the weight I count is right after I wake up. I pee, stand on the scale in my underwear and that's the way I've been doing it since I started. I weigh less in the morning. Sometimes after I exercise I weigh less not more. I think because I sweat so much.
  • MarkNH
    MarkNH Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have heard every different version of when, where, on what type of scale (digital, medical, etc.). What's most important is consistency. Example: My weigh-ins are on Wednesday night right before my work-out, on the same scale and in the same type of clothes. That way you always get the consistent results.

*Plus remember, weight is just a number (don't focus on it too much). . . you'll start to notice clothes fitting looser and your stamina increasing, even if the weight loss is small - those are the victories I like.

Good Luck to you !!!!

Mark
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Same time every week and try to wear or not wear same thing. I prefer before breakfast and in my undies.