Help meee

Options
I need to know what to eat and what not to eat, I know I shouldn't eat fast food, but what else should I stay away from? What should I eat to make me feel full and not get little junk food snacks? I'm having trouble and I really need the help.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like, but in moderation. Stay within your calorie goal, hit your macros and eat what you like. There's no need to over complicate things and no need to rule out any foods, Except if you have a medical condition.
    If you really want fast food, fit a small meal into your day. If you want a donut, fit it in. Treats are fine in moderation .
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Thorsmom05 wrote: »
    Eat the foods you like, but in moderation. Stay within your calorie goal, hit your macros and eat what you like. There's no need to over complicate things and no need to rule out any foods, Except if you have a medical condition.
    If you really want fast food, fit a small meal into your day. If you want a donut, fit it in. Treats are fine in moderation .

+1
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating midwest style food. By that I mean "meat and potatoes". Lots of roast beef, pork and chicken, mashed potatoes with desert every night after dinner. I still love all that stuff and I still eat it. I just fit it into my calorie count and weigh everything. I have also added in more veggies and fruits and mostly skip the desserts. Pick the best, of the food you loved as a kid, and just modify by weighing it to make it fit your calorie counts and macros. I have also gotten most of the sugar out of my diet. You're much more likely to stick with a program of eating that you design yourself using foods that you love and are used to. Just slowly add in veggies you like and wean yourself away from sugary foods. But have some treats built in to your program.

It's hard for us to tell you what exactly to eat or stay away from because everyones tastes are different. But I would say make a plan, eat mostly home cooked meals so you can control ingredients, Eat the good quality foods you already love. And weigh, measure and stay within your calorie count.

• Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about weight loss.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than a butt load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support each other
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. It's easier to lift weights than continue the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. Take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you are starting from scratch then you need to spend some time doing research, start by reading the stickies at the top of each section which explain how to diet and lose weight. Its better you spend some time teaching yourself in addition to what people might tell you, so you understand properly.
  • mtabboula
    mtabboula Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I have high fiber for lunch such as a broccoli salad ( only use a tablespoon of slaw dressing) coupled with either an ounce of cheese or some type of protein I am sated until dinner. Another thing to consider is whether you are drinking enough water. Higher fiber foods are lower in calories and help you feel full longer.