Yellow Squash

Options
lonypony
lonypony Posts: 130 Member
I have been given some little yellow squash that I just need some ideas what to do with them rather then just stir fry. Something interesting ....

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I assume you are talking about Patty Pan or similar summer squash. Of so, make a ratatouille.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I cut them up and add to spaghetti. Cut in slices, then dredge in milk and bread crumbs seasoned with a little salt, pepper and thyme. Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes on 350. Thicker the slices the longer they need to bake. Can cut into slices or chunks, put in a ziploc bag with some olive oil, smoked paprika and chipolte chile powder. Shake to coat then bake the same as the coated squash above. The paprika and chile powder gives it some heat and you may have to play around with it to get your level of heat.
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oooh I like the sound of spaghetti ^^ .
  • shirelyfisher
    shirelyfisher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make squash and carrot pureed soup
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night. doctoroz.com/recipe/total-10-mediterranean-bowl It was really very good! I used a spiral slicer to cut the squash into noodles.

This one is untried. Just found it yesterday but it looks good! fitmencook.com/green-chiles-chicken-squash-boats/

I love them grilled too. Or sauteed with onion. There is also something called San Antonio Squash Casserole but it is not a healthy recipe. Very delicious!