do you treat yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    keziak1 wrote: »
    How often do you give yourself a treat, whatever you consider that to be? Most days my daughter and I are indulging in a couple of squares of very dark chocolate. That feels indulgent but not disastrous.

Every day. In fact, I might have one now since I will have some extra calories left over due to a longer run today.
  • piscesjh
    piscesjh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes on Saturdays regular food for one meal
  • Mauigirl62
    Options
    I treat myself to wine with dinner if we go out but I try to keep within my calories for the day or only just over.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Never, but my doggy gets lots of treats!
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You bet :) Every Saturday we go out and I eat what I want. This Saturday it was an amazing ham, pineapple and red onion calzone. Calorie filled yes, delish beyond words! I've kept 100 pounds off for the better part of 10 years and can tell you that without a doubt what I do on Saturday keeps me on track the rest of the week. Moderation is the key to successful and sustainable weight loss.
  • corno11915
    corno11915 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I make sure any "treats" fit within my calorie goal and don't indulge often, but one of my favorites is a glass of good wine with dinner.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    How often do you give yourself a treat, whatever you consider that to be? Most days my daughter and I are indulging in a couple of squares of very dark chocolate. That feels indulgent but not disastrous.

Same here. The really high quality stuff is yummy and rich, and I feel satisfied eating it a square at a time. And yep, I work it into my calorie allowance.

I see nothing wrong with the word "treat". I used to snack mindlessly all evening -- it was not unusual for me to eat an entire package of cookies in one night -- and never feel satisfied. Now, I know I can look forward to my evening "treat" and I savour and enjoy it more, especially since there's no guilt involved 'cause it fits in my calorie plan.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mindless eating at night was a big reason I got into this fix (obesity). I tried not eating at all after dinner but I stay up late and it wasn't working for me. I now have a handful of walnuts and pecans in the shell. Cracking and picking out the meats gives me something to do besides shoving chips into my face, and nuts are supposed to be good for you. win-win!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I will have a small piece of chocolate that I can measure and fit into my calorie goals… sometimes as often as everyday. I will have a serving (weighed and measured) of ice cream or even a brownie (homemade so I know exactly what I put into it and can portion it out for an appropriate calorie count) once a month or so. Still within my calorie goal. When I "treat myself" it's when I go out with my family and will order some decadent dessert. And I usually will eat 3-4 bites and take it home with me and eat on it for the next week! That happens maybe 3-4 times a year.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you can work the chocolate in and you like it, it's not disastrous or even all that indulgent.

I've been thinking about making a berry cake the last few days. I just might make it soon!

I don't indulge on a regular basis, but I do indulge on occasion.