How often do you poop?

Options
i just had a bowl obstruction and is on a low residue diet so I was just wondering.

Replies

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    When I have too much coffee... Too much coffee happens often.
    You be the judge of how often.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm pregnant and taking iron. Enough said.
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    kinda personal don't you think?? :s
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Usually once per day, in the morning. On the rare occasion that I eat fast food I make sure to never stray too far from the bowl. Then I usually have to buy a new one.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Every day like clockwork. If i miss a day then i'm in trouble because something is wrong and then it takes days to get back on track.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    like every 2 days B)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Once a day, rarely more. Probably "skip" 2 or 3 days in a month and I hate that - really prefer to go daily.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    once a week. i have medical issues. my husband goes twice a day and i never thought i'd be envious of someone else's poop.
  • JenW70503
    JenW70503 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Once every 3-4 days, on average. Sometimes it will be every 2, sometimes once a week. Probably not enough.
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    if you're on a low residue diet, you won't poop very often. low residue = low fibre. I'm guessing you'll be increasing your diet to a regular one eventually, and by then you'll probably notice an increase.

If you're having any concerns, you should talk to your doctor.

Every person will have their own average, its hard to compare yourself to others.
    If we're getting real personal here...I have irritable bowel syndrome and I poop upwards of 4+ times a day. :) and thats 'normal' for me.
  • XTiffers13X
    Options
    AB4u wrote: »
    if you're on a low residue diet, you won't poop very often. low residue = low fibre. I'm guessing you'll be increasing your diet to a regular one eventually, and by then you'll probably notice an increase.

If you're having any concerns, you should talk to your doctor.

Every person will have their own average, its hard to compare yourself to others.
    If we're getting real personal here...I have irritable bowel syndrome and I poop upwards of 4+ times a day. :) and thats 'normal' for me.

As do I. IBS. But I went this morning and a little blood came out. I have diarrhea but that's normal for me. This morning I had like poop somwhat not much and as I was wiping a little blood came out. I think it's probably because I'm not used to having solid stool. (Even if it was very little) . I see the nurse at the doctors on Thursday for my Invega shot. I'll came an eye on it. I don't want to go back to the hospital help me ease my mind lol.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    At least once a day.
  • rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    once daily, like clockwork
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If I am eating enough fiber, once in the morning when I wake up. I am sensitive to changes in my fiber intake and if I don't get enough, I get constipated, which is probably what happened to you.
  • khilton89
    Options
    5 Times a day minimum. Unless I'm forced to go outside Which happens in my line of work then it's 2 times a day.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    None of your business.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    I dont poop. I am a god. lol
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a day :D
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    1-2 time a day. Last week it was like 5-6 (was sick)
  • AB4u
    AB4u Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    AB4u wrote: »
    if you're on a low residue diet,

As do I. IBS. But I went this morning and a little blood came out. I have diarrhea but that's normal for me. This morning I had like poop somwhat not much and as I was wiping a little blood came out. I think it's probably because I'm not used to having solid stool. (Even if it was very little) . I see the nurse at the doctors on Thursday for my Invega shot. I'll came an eye on it. I don't want to go back to the hospital help me ease my mind lol.

It sounds like you may have hemorrhoid(s) but thats just a guess without knowing your complete history. I hope you get your bowel problems looked into further, it sounds a lot worse than IBS. I got a gastro-colonoscopy done to rule out other conditions like, inflammatory bowel disease, crohn's disease, colitis, diverticulitis and other serious conditions. If you haven't already, maybe ask your doctor or that Nurse you'll be seeing about that, its worth a look around! message me if you'd like to talk more, i got some experience with this ;)