Week one list 6 pounds, Week two lost nothing. Anybody else seeing this result?

Options
Week one was very motivating. Stuck to my 1200 calories and worked out about 4 times doing about an hour of cardio each time. Week two did the same but lost nothing. I am not eating my full 1200 calories everyday but eating all the right things. I've read some other blogs saying if you don't eat enough you won't loose but that's hard to believe. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The 6 you lost wasn't all fat. It was mainly water and some fat. Now that that is out of the way you will have weeks where you won't lose and have weeks you do.

Its always said on here but it's not linear.

As long as you are 100% confident your calories in/out are correct, then give it time.

And no there is zero truth to eating too little stalling weight loss. If you're at a deficit you will lose.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will fluctuate week to week, just keep at it. You will not not stop losing because you're not eating enough (thats silly). It is important to make sure your body is getting all its nutrients though, so you really need to get to that 1200 plus more if you're exercising.
    Just keep doing what you're doing, you'll get there.
  • lpenn007
    lpenn007 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that is some motivating advice. Not ready to give up the fight.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 2 weeks sounds great to me! Keep at it...you don't seem to have a lot to lose so it may come off a bit more slowly. Way to go on the calories and exercise...it is hard to stick at 1200 calories and exercise and not feel hungry!
  • vanaukendl
    vanaukendl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I lost 8 lbs last week and none this week but I didn't drink as much water. I've heard this could be the culprit. You do need to try to eat as close to your 1200 as possible. Putting our bodies in hunger mode even by accident will actually cause us not to lose. Best of luck!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Could be worse.

Week one, I lost six pounds.

Week two, gained 5 back.

Its just water fluctuations. I need to cut sodium.