Ordinary guy attempting extraordinary transformation.

Options
I am a teacher by trade. No diet or nutrition training. Single father with three children. I weighed 355lbs and had a 54 inch waist. For my little girls sake I buckled down and gained control. I now have a 32 inch waist and weigh 165lbs. 2 years and a complete transformation. I now desire to carve and cut. Help!

Replies

• applcorp
    applcorp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic! I bet your daughters are very proud of their dad!
  • fitphil71
    Options
    Thank you applcorp! She will never remember an obese father. Yayyyy!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • fitphil71
    Options
    Thank you Emil1974!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    that is awesome transformation
  • mistere627
    mistere627 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Man, that's super inspiring. I started at 344 pounds on 1/1... great to see your result of your hard work!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You have done great. You are a good Dad. :mrgreen:
  • fitphil71
    Options
    mister627, you can absolutely do it!!! Don't think about the you in 6 months or a year or the mistakes of yesterday. Think of the you today and live! If it is to be it is up to me...today! Congratulations on your decision. I wish you every success.
  • fitphil71
    Options
    Thank you yasmine334!
  • fitphil71
    Options
    Thank you RodaRose. The truth is, she's a great daughter and deserves a Dad who won't kill over with a heart attack anytime soon.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband did the same thing when our daughter was 16. He'd always been obese and one day she broke down and told him how she wanted him to see her graduate high school, college and walk her down the aisle someday. She was so afraid he wouldn't be around for any of those things. By the end of her request they were both in tears. He changed his lifestyle THAT DAY and has never looked back. Now the best part of his life is running marathons. He plans his vacations around them! He and my daughter even have done some 10k's together. She's 25 now and about to graduate from nursing school. We're pretty sure she saved his life that day. I doubt he'd be here now, had she not spoken up. Great fathers do it all for their kids. Kudos to you, sir!

Curious, what are you doing/going to do to carve and cut?
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Congrats... BUT where are the pictures??? I live for those!!! LOL.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This is awesome - great work. My kids were a big part of the reason I started as well. Congratulations.
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's incredible, congratulations! I've found this group to have a lot of solid information regarding fitness and nutrition, it is a good place to start if you are thinking about tweaking your goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!