Sweet Treat Help

Options
HurricaneDance
HurricaneDance Posts: 1 Member
I have a huge sweet tooth! Any recipes that'll taste good but that are good for you too? or at least ones that won't use all of my calories for the day. I do love to eat fruit but sometimes I need (or think I need) chocolate!

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has some good desserts
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A favourite snack of mine is Greek yoghurt with strawberries or frozen berries, Sometimes I'll add some honey for extra sweetness.

Made some cupcakes the other day at only 98 calories each.

125g butter
    2 cups self-raising flour
    3/4 cup sugar
    2eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3/4 cup milk.

Makes about 26 small cupcakes. I freeze them so they won't get eaten all at once.

• Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So eat it. Nothing wrong with things in moderation IMO.
    The little Kinder bars are about 61kcal & quite sweet. Healthier would be a piece of 70% + cocoa chocolate.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    another favorite of mine is 3-2-1 cake ....a box of any flavor of dry cake mix ....a box of angel food cake ( mix both cake mixes in a ziplock bag)

3 Tbsp. of the cake mix
    2 Tbsp. of water
    Microwave for 1 minute

Add whatever you want to it depending on the flavor of the cake mix ....I put a Tbsp of mini chocolate chips , 1 Tbsp of peanutbutter (to the chocolate cake mix ) and add whip cream
  • elorac26
    elorac26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    the original fudge pop popsicle fudgicles: 40 calories when you need chocolate
  • GeorgiPorgi1989
    GeorgiPorgi1989 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Avocado chocolate mousse, I made it for the first time yesterday and its amazing...
  • Fuchsiagenii
    Options
    I love that too, but have modified the recipe, by adding in 0% Philadelphia cream cheese and using Muscavado, dark soft brown or Molasses sugar - depends what mood I'm in. I hate artificial sweetners - of course the calorie content would be less with the swetners!

I'm thinking of making it and adding in some dessicated coconut to it. Coconut is healthy.
  • metzgerjk
    Options
    I am new to trying to lose weight, but we have been changing eating habits for awhile now. I have never been much of a sweets eater (my weakness is cheesy stuff and chips). But, my whole family loves to blend up frozen fruit in the blender. Bananas are okay but they get slimy. The best fruit to use is strawberries, peaches and cantaloupe. We do not add anything to it but I have heard some people add honey. You can refreeze on popsicle sticks.
  • metzgerjk
    Options
    Just realized you wanted chocolate. I am not a chocolate eater. But, I wonder if you blended the strawberries and cantaloupe to make it ice cream consistency and then added some chocolate flavoring to that if it would taste good? I know my husband likes to put the chocolate syrup on his when we make it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    My most recent after dinner treat is my "Wendy's" Protein powder shake

3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 T chocolate pb2
    1/2 t vanilla
    1/2 banana
    15 ice cubes

Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. Makes a large amount and is so dang good! I eat/drink this in the evening while my family is grazing on all the junk and I am happy!

It comes in at
    Cal 235
    Carbs 24
    Fat 3
    Protein 27
    Fiber 4

I also snack on ghiradelli dark chocolate chips during the day. 40 calories for 8 of them. Suck on them and it hits the chocolate button
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    My most recent after dinner treat is my "Wendy's" Protein powder shake

3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 T chocolate pb2
    1/2 t vanilla
    1/2 banana
    15 ice cubes

Put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. Makes a large amount and is so dang good! I eat/drink this in the evening while my family is grazing on all the junk and I am happy!

It comes in at
    Cal 235
    Carbs 24
    Fat 3
    Protein 27
    Fiber 4

I also snack on ghiradelli dark chocolate chips during the day. 40 calories for 8 of them. Suck on them and it hits the chocolate button

Thanks for this! I just made this and it is SO good!
  • chilenitax
    chilenitax Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I usually make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, depending on how big you make them will vary on the calories per cookie. I always doubled the recipe and use an ice cream scoop, so the cookies are pretty big.

Ingredients
    • 1/2cup oil
    • 1c pure pumpkin
    • 1c sugar
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 1 tsp baking soda
    • 1 tsp milk
    • 2 tsp cinnamon
    • 2 tsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 c flour
    • 2 c chocolate chips

Prep
    1. Preheat oven at 350F
    2. Combine oil, pumpkin, sugar, egg, and vanilla
    3. Add baking soda and milk
    4. In a separate bowl combine cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and flour
    5. Mix everything together and then add chocolate chips
    6. Using cookie scoop, place cookies 2in apart on baking sheet
    7. Bake for 12-13min

Nutrional Facts ( for double recipe and ice-cream scoop used -- Makes 30 cookies)
    Calories - 147
    Fat - 6
    Carbs - 22
    Fiber - 1
    Protein - 3
  • Kmbrin7656
    Options
    I love chocolate, so I try to find good substitutes for it, I love yoplaits chocolate whipped yogurt, and dark chocolate is good, the darker the better, but don't buy to much b/c, if youre like me you'll end up eating it all. Moderate yourself too much of anything is bad. Also fruit is good to me it's sweet and helps the cravings, but stay away from dipping sauces, Nuts/seeds in moderation, and if I have a craving low sugar pudding( not the best thing to eat) but better than ice creams and cakes. Hope it helps :)
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All of the above sound yummo! Here's another to add to your list! It's my go to for chocolate almost always! I have a silicone cube type of tray to make things like square brownie bites or something, but you can do in an ice cube tray, too. (If you do use a regular ice cube tray, you'll have to spray with a little cooking spray first.)

3-4 Ghirardeli 60% Cocoa morsels in each square.
    Lightly melt in microwave.
    Add 1 tsp Barney Butter (Almond Butter) or Peanut Butter to each square.
    Lightly melt again.
    Place in freezer for about an hour.
    Once frozen pop out and place in a bag or container in the fridge or freezer...either works.

One square is 2 bites and about 45-50 calories, obviously depending on what you use above. I do the 3 morsels and Barney Butter the most, and that's perfectly satisfying for me...45 cal.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Have a look on chocolatecoveredkatie :)
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Banana Bread Cookies!
    2 ripe bananas (mashed)
    1-1 1/2 cups rolled oats
    1/4 cup chopped pecans

Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 12-15 mins. Will make 24 tablespoon-sized cookies. 2 cookies = 1 serving and comes in at less than 100 calories
  • cindi4140
    Options
    Jello, sugar free /fat free Cook & Serve pudding with skim milk.....you can even add Cool Whip Free. The cook & serve takes a few extra minutes but it is SO much more of a rich chocolate taste. A great treat for after dinner or whenever you are craving chocolate!