That darn POOCH!!!!

Options
Ok, so I have to admit that when I look in the mirror I'm slightly happier with what I see.......but what about the baby pooch? Ladies, some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. That little post-baby pooch that you can't seem to get rid of no matter how may crunches, sit ups, etc, that you do! Does anyone know how to at least make it look smaller? I'm not looking for a quick fix but at least reduce the appearence of it.......Any thoughts or solutions that do not involve cosmetic surgery?

Replies

• FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think some of us might be genetically gifted with the pooch. For me, even when I was in high school and weighed 115 I had my pooch :ohwell: I'm working with a trainer and he has me doing all kinds of different abdominal work, not just cruches. You have to find the exercises that target the lower abdomen.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    How about a girdle? Seriously. My mom swears but it. I can't do one now just cause it wudnt matter with all the fat i've got!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Oh gosh, I hear you!! I hate mine!!! I do 200 ab exercises a day, and I STILL have one!!
    It's really upsetting!! :sad:
    I saw an abdominal workout video yesterday at Target, Jillian Michaels does it. I want
    to get that one, plus the 30 day Shred!!!
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If you figure this one out, by all means share it! ... LOL I had a pooch long before I had kids. And I had abs of steel just never a six-pack (pout). I was even ordered by a doctor once I got pregnant to STOP doing anything that would contract my abs because they were too strong and would cause harm to the baby (go figure).
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Think of it as one of your feminine curves!!
  • mykaanderson
    Options
    I gained allot with my kid (14 yrs ago) and have been struggling with for sure that one area. It is better and so is my other problem area my "bat wings" (arms). The one thing that I have found has helped in Kettlebells, if you find a class that includes swinging them (as I don't know where you live) and using them as weights you will notice the pooch get smaller. I may never have my teenage flat abs back but I tell you I sure am happier and have a smile when I look in the mirror :) Good luck!
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Shred is AMAZING!
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    Shred is AMAZING!
  • ereeners
    ereeners Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and Ive tried a few different low ab exercise's and I honestly think the only way to get rid of it is a little nip tuck.... Which i will never do. any more ideas would be wonderful.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have had a c-section, and my pooch is horrible. I am assuming mine will never go away, even when I get to goal. It is horrible, and I am afraid it is going to look even worse when I lose the weight. But a tummy tuck is not an option for me.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    do the 30 day shred shes got a excercise on there for the pooch