Costco Rotisserie Chicken Salad - NO net carbs - REALLY???

Options
Ok, so this site says the Costco chicken salad has 6 g of carbs and 6 g of fiber per serving, which gives you a net carb intake of ZERO. I just cannot believe this can be correct, yet I have googled and found many sites listing the same nutritional info. How can there be 6 g of fiber in a serving of chicken salad??? It is 98% chicken with some mayonnaise, onion and celery. I am eating a lot of it just because it is listed as zero net carbs, but I honesty cannot believe that to be correct. How can I find out for sure what the nutritional info is on this? Thank you!

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Well, according to the internet info, it does have 240 calories a serving, so I wouldn't eat "a lot of it" unless you can fit it into your calorie total. (assuming you are trying to lose weight)

What does it say on the packaging?
  • desirail
    desirail Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has carbohydrates in that chicken salad is the mayo, onion, and celery. Chicken would have zero and the carbs in mayo depends on the type used. I would figure the net carbs in the type of mayo carried at Costco (or google "carbs in mayo"), the onion (which doesn't have a lot) and celery (doesn't have a lot either). I would think you're probably eating around 2-3 net carbs per serving in that chicken salad (maybe). Only way for you to really know is to fix it and weigh/measure everything yourself.
  • yellowdaisy3321
    yellowdaisy3321 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you sure they aren't talking about the Costco chicken salad like chicken in salad greens? Just a thought.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I don't think Costco labels it with N.I. but I think this site's data looks more likely than what is here. This says 0 fiber.

http://www.ichange.com/nutrition/how-many-calories-in/kirkland-signature-chicken-salad-with-rotisserie-chicken
  • sharonsnowbird
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no nutritional info on the packages. But I just got a reply directly from Costco. The nutritional info listed on this site is totally wrong, yet it was confirmed by 5 users. Strange.
    The correct info is one serving of 3.6 oz. is 180 calories, 13 GR of fat, 330 G sodium, 2 GR carbs, 0 fiber (which is what I thought it would be) and 13 gr protein. Should I make NEW listing for this, or CORRECT the listing that has already been confirmed by 5 users?
  • sharonsnowbird
    Options
    To "Walking Along" who posted a link for the nutritional info., that is correct! That site did not come up for me when I googled. Thanks!