Why do I get chilled

Options
JeanMBK
JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
After I exercise, ie 1.5 hours or more on my bike, whether inside or out, and running outside do I get the chills?

Replies

• maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you staying in your workout clothes for a while after? You need to get your wet workout clothes off and get into something warm and dry. Learned this the hard way after a Turkey Trot in 24 degree weather and didn't get to change for a couple hours. It was horrible.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Change your clothes and have a warm shower. Your body is using a ton of energy to exercise. Once you finish, it's stressful work for the body to keep you warm. Chills and shaking are just your body's way of telling itself to move and get warmed up.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I get the same thing, always have. It doesn't matter if I change immediately, hop into a warm shower, drink hot tea. . .I will be chilled after a good, hard workout for a few hours. I've just come to accept it as who I am. My strong suspicion is that it has to do with the fact that I don't have the best circulation ever and am prone to low blood pressure. I wear warm clothes until I warm up.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing after a workout. After ashower and change of clothes, you will find me under a blanket trying to warm up