Cook books

Does anyone have any good cookbooks they recommend for healthy eating? Let me know!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    The first one I ever bought was Moosewood. So glad I did. Lately I've been using healthy cooking websites/recipes.
  • I just go on line and find healthy recipes or low calorie recipes. When i am ready to prepare my meals for the week, i go on, choose what looks good, make my list, then go shopping. It's amazing what you can find on line.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Paleo Crockpot- not a fan of paleo, but there are some excellent recipes in it. I second Moosewood. Check out your local library to try before you buy.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I use cookbooks for ideas rather than following the recipes, but Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything was a large part of how I learned to cook, years ago, and his Fish book is good too. Another good basic one is Greene on Greens (it's really about all vegetables) or Barbara Kafka's Vegetable Love. Harold McGee's On Food and Cooking is good if you want some geeky stuff about how it works. For meat I'm partial to a book called Roasting, which may also be Barbara Kafka, and I love all the seasonal garden to table books, of which Dennis Cotter's Wild Garlic and Gooseberries is one example.

I have a rather insane number of cookbooks, though.
  • cooking light kid approved cookbook--this has pasta, mac'n'cheese, fish sticks...and more. the recipes are easy and made with easy to find ingredients. love this one!
  • hotcoffee692
    hotcoffee692 Posts: 167 Member
    All the Moosewoods are good, but their "Cooking for Health" is the most health-focused. Their "Simple Suppers" is also excellent and has lots of healthy choices.
  • kmarc33
    kmarc33 Posts: 25 Member
    My wife and I have found several things that we've liked in the "Eat what you love" series by Marlene Koch. We have all 3 books. We try to make it a point to make at least one meal a week from one of the books. They're on Amazon.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Thug Kitchen Cookbook- Eat Like You Give a *kitten*
  • spunmommy
    spunmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Not a cookbook but I LOVE Pinterest for recipe stalking.
  • lfrazier2482
    lfrazier2482 Posts: 82 Member
    spunmommy wrote: »
    Not a cookbook but I LOVE Pinterest for recipe stalking.
    +1
    I put in my main ingredient and add low calorie. I have found several good websites this way.
  • ohmijord
    ohmijord Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I appreciate it :)