Spining calorie count?

Options
I am taking spin classes twice a week for about 45 minutes. Any advice how to track this in my exercise for calories burned?

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    You could use stationary bike
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Wear a heart rate monitor. The app will generally overestimate your calories burned, though sometimes I find it gets very close. I use wattage, HR and the app, and I always choose the lowest amount of those these. Wattage and Heartrate are always very close to each other. Remember that the app is a average. It has no idea how much effort you put in.
  • brandyshopperj21
    brandyshopperj21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's one of the better burns next to running. To get an exact number I suggest wearing a heart rate monitor so you can get somewhat of an accurate gauge. I think most people are bet 380-600 or 700. I personally am at 400-500 depending on the intensity (hr range between 150 low and 185 high)
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I used to do tons of spin classes and wore a heart rate monitor (chest strap kind) for a few weeks and the lowest burn I got for a 45 minute class was 375 and up to 600 for some classes. So they can vary quite a bit!
  • willjorgensen
    willjorgensen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a related question!! When I spin, my Fitbit registers steps taken. As I understand it, that automatically monitors exercise calories and will subtract them when they sync.
    Does that mean I shouldn't log 'exercise' when I spin?