Hot weather makes me EXHAUSTED!

jcb2kds
jcb2kds Posts: 40
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
This week has been pretty warm here in Cali and I've been struggling to get the energy to workout. BUT I did spend a few hours outside putting together a swing set and I also chaperoned my daughter's 1st grade class at the zoo for a couple of hours as well (on separate days). I get home and I'm totally EXHAUSTED. Plus, I also don't feel like making anything to eat, which equals bad/easy food choices. Ugh!

Does anybody else have this problem? When it's hot outside do you feel like you just swam a few hours in the sun? Or am I just being lazy:yawn: ?

Replies

• imeldita1
    imeldita1 Posts: 3
    You can do it!!! I know it's very exhausting but just think of your ultimate goal. I've been sweating more than ever now that it's hot and I only think of all those little calories burning :).
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Uh, yeah, since I live in central Cal too! I try to start earlier and drink lots!!! of water throughout the day. As I'd gotten older (and fatter) the heat and sun became more of an issue. Good luck, we have a long summer ahead...
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Oh man, this is me. I find bringing my body temp back down tends to help with the energy and appetite. Sometimes I can do this with room temp water (not too cold) or by soaking my hair in cold water to bring it back down. You'll still be tired (working in the heat is hard! Your body is working overtime just to keep your body temp in the normal ranges!), but the cold wakes me up better than caffeine.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    I guess living in Minnesota isn't so bad after all. Still in the 60's here. Winter is brutal but I can stand the cold much easier than excessive heat. Good luck to you and do your best with planning ahead for meals.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Take a cool shower. It may help you get going again.
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Hey your in my neck of the woods... more less. Yeah has been rather warm here and yes it makes me tired as well. I was out trying to tend garden and the sun beating on you just saps all energy. I have turned to making yogurt pops as healthy treat... as for evening cooking...me and kitchen are not friends at the moment. At least we have a cool down coming.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    I suppose the 38 lbs of insulation I've dropped is helping because I am loving the warm California weather.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Arizona here.

I literally get sick and woozy in like no time when it's warm. I have the heat sensitivity of a sickly, 14th-century duchess. It's annoying and pathetic. I feel your pain. I just try to work out at night. :/
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    :heart:

Hey girl - I know what you mean!! Today was 105. I live in so cal desert area and it is like walking in an oven!!! Many folks here just have no idea....then again we don't have to try to get out in the snow!!

Getting out early is the only practical way I know of for me....

You really do have my empathy!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    I love the heat! However, I discovered last year that being so heavy, I get uncomfortable and sticky in the heat - something which had *never* happened to me before. Just add that to the list of reasons to get slim again!

Having said, that, I've never found it too hot to be exhausting - I function much better in the heat!
  • fullofhope
    fullofhope Posts: 78 Member
    Hello, Ohio here. We average only 60 days a year of sunshine. We have had nothing but rain this April and it is still rainy and chilly in May. I've been on vacation in Ft Lauderdale since the 28th and I feel the hot weather helps me. I drink more water and eat lighter, less dense foods. I have to go home on the 9th, not looking forward to it as the weather still sucks. Good luck with your choices and energy levels.
This discussion has been closed.