What exercises to do at home - fat burning

Options
Hi :)

I want to workout at home. I would like to lose two stone and get fit too. Would it be best to just to HIIT workouts for now until I lose weight then move on to weight training? Thanks for your advice :)

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the best thing to do now is to eat less, do some cardio, do strength training exercise (body weight is fine) and get plenty of rest.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • Munkyblade
    Munkyblade Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have noticed that my CV improved quicker through HIITS (jogging/walking) than just walking alone, the same happened when I started cycling - uphill HIIT has improved my hill climbing endurance.

Science suggests that bigger muscles burn more calories, but this does not mean you have to have huge muscles - just toned - I don't personally hit the gym but my leg muscles have grown through cycling (and probably jogging).

My results suggest since starting HIIT, my fitness has improved and my weight loss has been quicker (resting heart rate has reduced from 93 to 52 over a year - 4 stone lighter).

Muscles weigh more than fat so if you do hit the weights, don't worry about the scales too much, measure your success literally with a tape measure!!

Although it's worked for me, I'm no expert and there is a lot of contradictory info on the web, so you will have to figure out what's right for you - maybe ask the gym instructors for further info.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. It really helped.
  • judylatin
    judylatin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hula hooping? It's something you can do while watching TV.
  • narith168
    narith168 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jack, PUSH UP , BURPEE x20 repeat x4