Yes I did!

Options
So I did end up having the cheeseburger I was craving so badly yesterday; however, there were some changes. I had a single instead of a double and instead of getting a whole order of fries I just had a few of my mans. =) I figure it's progress not perfection and other then the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich I had to have last night I only went over my daily calories by 50. The real payoff is that today I feel great and not deprived of anything. To top it off I'm happy to have yogurt and granola bar for breakfast with no problems avoiding Donut Friday in the break room here at work. Hope everybody has a great FRIDAY! I am loving MFP <3

4362003.png

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Hey, at least you made some changes and didn't fully indulge......that's a victory as well......be proud of yourself.....

p.s did you know that your ticker is showing up twice? Unless you did it that way on purpose....
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air. I was craving a cheese burger myself. I had half of one, and picked three onion rings from my husband's plate. I figure that I eat well most of the time, and I exercise hard. I don't feel badly about eating that burger. It was great.
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    You got to start somewhere! Next time make your own Turkey Burger at home and use a whole wheat bun, reduced fat, mayo, cheese, and lots of lettuce, tomato, onion, etc. You get your fix! I love Skinny cow too!
    If I ever feel the need to splurge, I just say okay, I can eat that if I work out for an extra 30 minutes. It helps and you stay under your calorie goal too!
    More power to you on TGIF Breakroom goodies...I just know someone is going to bring in donuts or tacos...sabotage!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    For me .. it's definitely about having the foods I love but with the tools that helps me to keep things in moderation. Otherwise I would have what I love anyway to 'spite' the 'diet'. Good job!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • soon2blollar
    Options
    Thanks!

I did see it's showing up twice and not just that it's not even updated so I'm trying to fix it just not sure how exactly. If you have a ticker does it automatically go on your posts or do you have to copy and paste it each time? I'm so confused LOL
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It was my turn to sabotage the breakroom with breakfast today ... Brought in McDonald's Breakfast Burritos (only 300 calories). Normally people bring in the huge biscuits with sausage or chicken or the monster sweets. I did it my way!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've been on mFP for almost 3 months now, and I decided at the beginning that I wouldn't consider anything to be "off limits". I've found that doing so causes me to binge when I inevitably backslide. I just try to plan ahead when I know I'm going to eat things high in calories or fat, and I'll either scale back the rest of food for the day or make sure to get some extra exercise in. Like you, I also try to indulge in moderation and enjoy smaller portions. Great job!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I plan a scheduled cheat meal once a week, anything goes as long as it is in that one sitting. It works for me! :)
  • baumhoff
    baumhoff Posts: 30
    Options
    You cant totally deprive yourself of your cravings...you just make smart choices....and thats exactly what you did!!!! Good job!!! I think otherwise you end up totally falling off the wagon and then there is all that guilt! I get a kids meal if I NEED McDonalds or sometimes just go without the bun. You are doing great!!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING SO, SO GOOD, THE LBS WILL BE MELTING OFF SOON!!!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, RED
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I think this change is about giving up some things (mcdonalds everyday) and learning how to do other things in moderation. I know people will say clean living is right, and I bet it feels great, but good lord nothing makes me happier than a glass of wine and a handful of skittles!