past few nights have been horrible.

Options
I dont know what it is... I truck along throughout the day logging in all my food and late in the evening I SNAP and eat over my cals. Not by much and only with good foods but still over. I do I get past this? thanks.

Replies

• darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough during the day, causing your body to crave sugar in the evening. Try to spread your calorie intake out more.

Other than that, try to plan your evening meals so that you've decided EXACTLY what you're gonna have before you get home, you'll then be less inclined to snack.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its something you are going to have to actively work on. Are you over eating because your are still hungry, bored, or stressed? Whatever the reason is you need to tackle it head on. If you feel you are still hungry after dinner then maybe you need to up your protein and cut back on your carbs a little so you can feel fuller. If you are bored then you need to find something that will hold your interest during that idle time and have a water bottle near you. If you are stressed then you need to work through it and know that food is not here to comfort you. You have to drill that into your mind and also keep a water bottle near you. When you feel the need to eat..chug the water.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell without being able to see your diary. Is there a pattern? Opeining your diary may help us give you some suggestions.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from this problem, I am thinking of designing a contraption that fits over my head and holds my jaw shut for a certain amount of time.....and then unlocks in the morning : ) On a more serious note, it's going to take willpower and distractions.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    good advice. It is probably stress and/or boredom. Your right. I need to work through it and stop myself. thanks.
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use to be really bad at night time eating...to the point I would wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat too. Now I don't eat anything after my dinner. Do I get hungry? YES I sit down with a big mug of tea with just milk and that keeps me going for the rest of the evening.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I use to be really bad at night time eating...to the point I would wake up in the middle of the night and want to eat too. Now I don't eat anything after my dinner. Do I get hungry? YES I sit down with a big mug of tea with just milk and that keeps me going for the rest of the evening.

Try eating less earlier in the day and eat more when your tempted most, at night.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'm an evening eater, so I eat a light breakfast then eat later in the day. It helps to have a few calories left after supper to have a snack.
  • ratkins811
    Options
    is it bad to eat more later at night?
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

Not at all. Will not hinder fat loss. Some studies say it will even help it.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Friend me and look at my diary if you wish. :)
  • ratkins811
    Options

Not at all. Will not hinder fat loss. Some studies say it will even help it.

good to hear... I can shave off a few cals to save for the night. thanks