Obsessed or indifferent! Happy medium needed!

Options
Hi all,

I'm Phil from Newcastle in Northeast England. As the title suggests I'm prone to extreme approaches to my diet and exercise regime! I'm either exercising 10 times a week on 1200 calories or lying on the sofa binge eating for entire weekends. As a result in the last 7 years I've been up to 40lbs higher than I am now but also 80lbs lower...not good!

I joined MFP as I'm looking for friends to keep me on the level and tell me to 'Give my head a shake' when the daft behaviour kicks in! I'm excellent at giving advise but alas I'm crap at taking my own so I'll happily provide motivation where required.

Oh and if there's anyone near me who is up for a game of Tennis drop me a message because the gym can get boring after a while!

Good luck to you all in your endeavours and Happy 2015!

Phil

Replies

• Beastie32
    Beastie32 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me. 121lbs down 50 to go
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we'd be great pals...I'm the same way! I'll add you. :)
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Phil,

I can completely relate to your mindset. I am the same way. Until recently, I either dove into nutrition head first, or I did nothing at all. I was able to conquer that by planning. I plan out my day the night before - what I am going to eat, what I am going to do for exercise, etc. That way, when I wake up in the morning, I don't have to worry about it or obsess about it. I'm not sure if it would work for you, but it works for me! :)
  • NewMeComingS00n
    NewMeComingS00n Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's worked for me this week so I'll keep it up (hopefully!)...I always like a nice to do list haha!
  • leedav
    leedav Posts: 1
    Options
    That's funny. I tell people I have two speeds. 1: strict diet 2: Mow down the buffet...
  • SincerelySasquatch
    SincerelySasquatch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can relate, in a different way I believe. I was anorexic in highschool and losing weight/restricting or eliminating eating was an obsession. Since recovering from the anorexia I have a huge problem with binge eating and I find myself with 100 lbs to lose currently. I, too, seem to have two modes. It is easier for me not to eat than to eat small amounts.
  • NewMeComingS00n
    NewMeComingS00n Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy to hear you're recovered I agree they're two sides of the same coin! I can quite easily go the entire day without eating then after dinner on an evening eat until I feel sick in a crazy kind of "I've had something savoury I now need something sweet" vicious circle! And as for buffets leedav I can't even describe how much I probably affect the bottom line of the restaurants! Haha!