Back Fat - at what weight did you see them disappear?

Options
Back fat---we all hate it. I know you can't "spot treat" on your body and that back fat, flabby arms, etc disappears with overall weight loss. So, at what weight did you start to really notice that you were losing back fat? I know it will differ with different people I just need inspiration here. Thanks in advance to real answers because I need to see that light at the end of my fat tunnel.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio....strangth training. low carbs, low sodium.

I noticed about hald way through my journey...5 months
  • AUPerry
    AUPerry Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 and my upper body is where I feel I had a lot of excess fat. I noticed a loss in my backfat when I hit the mid 120s
  • princessmedic
    Options
    My daughter was rubbing my back the other night and she said, "mom, I can tell you are losing weight because your back is skinnier...I can feel your bones."
  • sinceresmile
    Options
    It's funny that I'm reading this today, because I just noticed my back fat disappearing this morning when I looked in the mirror! I was 206 lbs, but down to 183 now... so I would say after losing about 20 pounds. I saw it disappearing little by little... but today, it was REALLY noticeable.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yanno what I didn't really notice at first...I just decided to turn around 2 weeks ago and where there once was 4 rolls in January now there are 2. I had lost 37lbs then.
  • trish1960
    trish1960 Posts: 39
    Options
    I've almost lost 10 lbs. I just checked my back fat and it's still there. UGH! Only 3 weeks left before Memorial Day - the first bikini day for me of the summer.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Luckily actually its one of the first areas to go away... its the stupid stomach that I would rather have it gone from then the back first. ha! Mine was about half way through mine as well.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Back Fat. That was one of the things that made me say enough is enough, already, time to get a grip and take control of my body! When it bulged out from my bra...I couldn't believe that was ME!

I'm 5'6" and started at about 160lbs and am now at 129. At this point my upper back is fat-free. :) My lower back, though, right above my hips needs a bit to be desired. I really started to notice, though, when I hit about 135lbs.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your responses. Last year I went from 211 to 178....but gained about 20lbs back (because I'm dumb LOL) and I noticed a LITTLE difference in my back. I don't really care about the "muffin top" I just want that stubborn back fat below my bra line to be smaller or...to go away completely. Siiiiigh. Thanks again and keep'em coming. It helps to read others success stories ;)
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", and was 227 lbs when I started. However my weight was mostly in my butt and thighs. I did have back fat but it disappeared along with my boobs just recently when I hit 25 lbs lost. There are strength training excercises that will help tone those muscles.
  • darrenham
    darrenham Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Back fat---we all hate it. I know you can't "spot treat" on your body and that back fat, flabby arms, etc disappears with overall weight loss. So, at what weight did you start to really notice that you were losing back fat? I know it will differ with different people I just need inspiration here. Thanks in advance to real answers because I need to see that light at the end of my fat tunnel.

It's impossible to say. People all store their fat in different places and it's determined by your genetics.

It's possible that your body simply won't let you lose some of the fat, without taking unhealthy and drastic measures.
  • aduncan_75
    aduncan_75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I hate back fat!! I'm hoping that's one of the first places I lose from. I am 200 lbs now. Hoping to lose about 40 lbs.