Flabby baby belly needs to go BYE BYE

Options
Hello everyone! This is my very first time ever on a fitness site. I'm a single mom of three and just had my youngest 3 months ago. Before this past pregnancy I was 145 (I'm 5'9). At 9 months I weighed in at 210 (gestational diabetes which has now resolved) and I currently weigh 173 but the weight loss has become stagnant. I'm hoping that since I quit smoking and started exercising daily that I'll be able to shed the rest of the weight. Started smoking again after the last kiddo was born...I know, I know, shame on me! But haven't had a cig in a week and am feeling pretty motivated and determined!

Anyhoos, my goal is pretty steep...I'm exercising 30 minutes every night (start with stretches, then high impact cardio, then end with more stretches); I want to lose 15-20 pounds in three months...the diet part is going to be the hardest for me since I eat (admittedly) like a college kid:-( Dieting just seems so complicated! Counting carbs, fats, proteins...just makes me confused! Anybody have any simple dietary tips/advice to pass along?? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance and it's a pleasure to meet you all!!!

Replies

• tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You know, I am right there with you. Counting all the calories, fat, etc. is really challenging. That is why MFP is great. You can track all of those things throughout the day. What I usually do when I start is take a few days of just tracking what I eat, and then going back through the reports and seeing what days I was, for example, high in fat. Then, I cross reference that with my log for that day, and try to figure out a way to make that meal lower in fat.

Overall, as far as food goes, I think you can't go wrong with adopting a more plant-based diet. I have started choosing one or two different veggies at the store each week and experimenting with them. I started out by making smoothies. I use a banana, some strawberries, a little bit of vanilla greek yogurt, some almond milk and a huge handful of spinach or kale. Basically, I just started masking the good things to get them in my body. Now, after 21 days, I am starting to not mask them anymore. I'm tasting everything, trying everything, and loving every minute of it.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • bashmir
    bashmir Posts: 43
    Options
    I am going through the same thing 9 month old twins and I also got gestational diabetes. The diabetes is still here and the doctor said it might now go away unless I loss a lot of weight. Right before I got pregnant I use to weight 159lbs and wen to 205lbs and now I am at 183.5lbs. It is so hard to do it but it can be done I lost weight before and I can do it again. So can you so don't give up hope, it is possible take baby steps.