Quick & Effective Workouts.

Options
I just started a new job in April & it was only part time, but today I was offered full time so I obviously took it. I'm looking for new work out tips, anything quick and effective, maybe 20 minute workouts that work for you which could jump start my day with.

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...24 mins and the only thing you need is a mat (or something soft, I use a large beach towel) and handweights (or cans of soup or whatever). It's a good workout and quick!
  • mtasleem
    mtasleem Posts: 49
    Options
    If you have an iphone you can download "Nike Trainer" app (Its free). It has a lot of workouts that are 15, 30, 45 minutes long.

http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US

I use it all the time. Its a kicker!
    Good Luck on your job and all else.
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree with the shred. fast and burns a decent amount for such a short time frame.
    Now that the weather is getting nice, I have been walking to do my errands on my day off on top of a dvd..
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do own the 30 day shred & haven't made it past 10 days. LOL. I think now will be a good time to work on that again. And I will download that app you recommended as well. Thanks for the tips! :)
  • melcowenfitness
    melcowenfitness Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has an excellent program called 10-minute trainer with Tony Horton. I do TurboFire (cardio) which varies from 15-55 minutes and Chalean Extreme (weight training) with most workouts being about 35 minutes. Both are with Chalene Johnson who is incredibly fun to exercise with. I can't wait to get up in the morning to do my TurboFire workouts!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    push ups, bicycle crunches and jump rope!
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Skipping, 20 mins skipping burns plenty of calories, it's quick easy and very portable! Plus if you can only do 10 mins, you don't get that feeling that you didn't finish something (which I get if I start a DVD!!).
  • Hmf414
    Hmf414 Posts: 30
    Options
    Awesome. Thank you. I've written every idea down, and will mix things up everyday so that I never get tired of the same quick workout!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    bumpers thumpers
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell is an excellent short, quick, fat burning exercise!!! I love it!