Not sure where to begin :) A little help would be amazing!

Hey everyone,

I am a 22yo woman from UK and I am 5"6. I weigh 120lbs currently but would love to be 115lbs again (I have a small frame so I look a lot larger than I am at a good weight for my height!). I exercise regularly but have a horrible tendancy to binge eat and it's really got me down. So I have decided to take control and start changing my lifestyle so I don't want to do this anymore.

I have set my goal to losing 1-2lbs a week and MFP have suggested I eat 1200cals but I am struggling to keep to this without craving food...please tell me some of you feel like this! I'm really struggling to keep to such a low cal diet without the need to binge really badly.

I am trying to lose these 5lbs by 14/03/2015 for a wedding so do you guys think this is possible?
Sorry for the long post, hope everyone is doing good! xxx

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    If you're only looking to lose 5 pounds, losing 1-2 pounds per week is WAY too fast- you should look to lose .5 per week and see how many calories it gives you. Plus at 5'6" you are already at a healthy weight, so you may just want to start lifting in order to just tone up and change your body shape, just a suggestion. Good luck to you.
  • I find a boiled egg helps a lot when I feel I crave food.
    And diversions for my mind: I play a lot of Wordfeud games :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I agree with the lifting advice - that will make a much better body difference than a number on a scale

your weightloss target is the lowest possible in your healthy weight range

If you insist on focusing on the number on the scale then calorie counting - weigh and log everything, cut no more than 250 calories from your TDEE (eg set MFP to 0.5lb a week loss)
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Hi there,
    I think setting your goal to 1-2lbs a week is wayyyy to tough as you have so little to lose, you want to lose 5lbs in 12 weeks so thats half a pound a week hun. Dont torture yourself on this journey, no need.
    Do you exercise? if you do, you need to be eating back at least some of those back.
    You need to weight everything you eat, that way you have a much better idea of the cals you are consuming. I am sure someone with a better idea will be along soon, but from what other posts seem to say about only having a little bit to lose this is the general advice.
    Good luck. x
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I agree with the lifting advice - that will make a much better body difference than a number on a scale

your weightloss target is the lowest possible in your healthy weight range

If you insist on focusing on the number on the scale then calorie counting - weigh and log everything, cut no more than 250 calories from your TDEE (eg set MFP to 0.5lb a week loss)

Great advice.