Polar Loop, Calories burned

Options
I just purchased the Polar Loop and was wondering if there is a way to only track calories burned from your workout, not total calories burned? I have looked over the numbers on Flow, but don't see it, or am missing it. If anyone can help, thanks!

Replies

• Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Start to take a note of how many calories you are burning when at complete rest, lets say it works out at 100 calories an hour, take a note of what your calories are before you start your workout, lets say they are sitting at 1250, you run for an hour an your calories are now saying 1590, so 1590-1250 - 100 = 240. You can also get a Polar HRM and connect the two for even more accuracy, I use the H7 with my loop.
  • kelly152966
    kelly152966 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is what I figured I would have to do, just was hoping it could break it down in Polar Flow. Thanks again!
  • kwbinmd
    Options
    If you use a HRM, like the H7, Flow will show calories for each training you do separately from your inactive calorie burn. If you don't use the HRM, you won't get that data. Hope this helps.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I definitely vote that you get a HRM. You'll get frustrated with the loop without it, unless your main form of exercise is running/jogging. I play a ton of tennis, and because that can be so stop and go, it doesn't register correctly without my HRM.
  • jefbenet
    Options
    Another vote for the HRM. I use the H7 paired with my Loop. If you strap it on for your workout and remove upon completion it will capture the effort as a workout which you can then make notes and categorize what type of workout it was and log accordingly. The same info then syncs with MFP and Apple Health if you're so inclined.