The 100 Diet - Jorge Cruise

Options
Is there anyone currently doing the 100 diet by Jorge Cruise? I've started and doing pretty good however it would be nice to know of others doing it as well. You can friend me and put the 100 by Jorge Cruise on it or post here telling me anything of interest that you experienced concerning the plan.

Thanks in advance!
Gina

Replies

• Kdrules
    Kdrules Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just bought is new nook the 100. How did you do with your weight loss.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I just read up on this...It's terrible...
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No thanks!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    What kind of diet is it? Have you considered just eating less food and logging it all here. If you stay within your calorie goals, you will lose weight.
  • SexyKatherine73
    SexyKatherine73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    yuck 1 apple will cost you 99 calories and to save your 100 calories till the eat of the day ... why not eat foods you like and enjoy in balance fill in your diary here don't go over on your calories and you will loose weight ... not as fast as Jorge Cruise says 18 pounds in 2 week (which is not true)

weight loss is all about, calories in verse calories out, eat at a defect and you loose weight and you can eat foods you love and enjoy, and doing do you wont feel like your on a diet.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've only read about it. Would love to hear your results!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    No way! Just eat healthy!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Jorge Cruise? He's famous! (not really)
    How can I go wrong?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What fresh hell is this?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    (copy/paste)
    The reasoning behind The 100

This book claims that the “calories in, calories out” theory is incorrect. Insulin is the main regulator of fat storage and mobilization, and we secrete insulin primarily in response to the carbohydrate content of the diet. The more carbs and the less fat in the diet, the more insulin you secrete, and this affects weight. All carbohydrates are in essence a form of sugar, and this diet counts and limits carbohydrate calories as “Sugar Calories.”

• alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Fad diets don't work. Find a way to eat less.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fad diets don't work. Find a way to eat less.

Exactly this. We need to have a flashing banner at the top of the forums saying "Just eat at a freaking deficit, fad diets don't work and cost a fortune"
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I did something like this for the first few months when I was starting out and it helped tremendously -- lowish carb and sugar. Most days I eat two meals a day because I hate breakfast and how it messes up my day.
    Congrats on your success. (*)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    (copy/paste)
    The reasoning behind The 100

This book claims that the “calories in, calories out” theory is incorrect. Insulin is the main regulator of fat storage and mobilization, and we secrete insulin primarily in response to the carbohydrate content of the diet. The more carbs and the less fat in the diet, the more insulin you secrete, and this affects weight. All carbohydrates are in essence a form of sugar, and this diet counts and limits carbohydrate calories as “Sugar Calories.”

I would love to see the scientific studies that back that little bit of bollocks up

• GinaRicky
    GinaRicky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Kdrules wrote: »
    I just bought is new nook the 100. How did you do with your weight loss.

Hey Kdrules, I did try it. I lost 15 in about two weeks. It worked good after that point for maintenance. I have found since then that it works best for sedentary people and walkers. My exercise demands require far more carbs.
    Good luck.
  • excellence111
    excellence111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gina, That's awesome! Keep up the great work. The 100 work and I love it.