what activities help you with bored eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    When I watch tv, I try to stand. If I sit, I get up every commercial and do squats. I don't eat at all now watching tv. Not the way it used to be 4 months ago.
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I have used a few of these. I put a couple weights next to the couch for mindless strength training. I drink more tea. I make myself cozy as possible doing whatever activity where I don't want to get up and eat. Also, more recently I decided to start taking care of my beaten up callused feet. I bought a cheap ped egg thing and somewhat mindless buff the bottoms and lotion them up. I've lost a couple pounds since this post and feel like I'm heading in the right direction. Here's to taking care of yourself. Self-love.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I like to knit. Hands are busy. It's hard to put work down in the middle of a row:)

In a similar vein, I cross stitch. I can get lost in cross stitching for hours and I certainly can't eat while I do it. I don't want to get my fabric & floss dirty!

I second everyone that says keep your hands busy. If you can find something that keeps your hands & your mind busy, double plus.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yes, knitting or other yarn crafts when I'm just sitting around the house. I learned to knit when I finally gave up smoking (for good, forever, YAY!), and I've continued to do it to keep myself busy when sitting in front of the boob tube in the evenings.

My "bored" eating typically involves finger foods, and I'm not going to get my yarn greasy/sticky/dirty. And creating lovely, beautiful gifts for friends and family is much more exciting than overindulging in more treats than I need.
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I like to knit. Hands are busy. It's hard to put work down in the middle of a row:)

I want to learn to knit so bad! I've tried to teach myself via YouTube vids, but after cast on, I get so confused.

Try crocheting instead! I knit and crochet but I find crochet is a little easier to teach and you don't have to learn how to cast on!
  • mwm158
    mwm158 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I work 70 hours a week, and spend an hour and a half at the gym (including transit time) everyday. It leaves me with very little time to be bored. The rest of my time is spent completing tasks on my todo list. If you're bored, you need to find more stuff to do.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Going for a jog or run helps zap my appetite as well.