How do you keep/organize your recipes?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I save the recipes I've tried and enjoyed from cookbooks or online sites onto my Dropbox folder. I can access it on my tablet or phone when I'm in the kitchen cooking and I can add other recipes to my folder anytime.

I actually share that folder with my boyfriend and my mom as well so they can add recipes they'd like to try as well.
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    joflo723 wrote: »
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I use Pinterest for ideas.

MealBoard is my ALL-TIME FAVORITE APP and when I find a recipe I want to try, I can import it into the app (for most cooking website you just have to cut-and-paste the url and the app does the rest). You add your recipes to the day of the week and then sync them to the grocery list. If you have 4 recipes that use chopped onions, it will combine them all for you so you know exactly how many onions to buy! I've taken the time to sync up the aisles in my grocery store so the app will sort all my food by aisle for me and let me know how much I can expect my grocery bill to be! And no, I don't make any money from them ... I just love it!

http://www.mealboard.com/

Seconding both Pinterest and Mealboard. Pinterest is first step...kind of a, "Yeah I want to try that some day" step.

Then when I'm feeling adventurous and I want to try something new, I pick one of my Pinned recipes, import it into Mealboard, do a quick grocery list sync, and the ingredients are automatically added to my grocery list in the order for my grocery store.

I seriously use both apps every single day for this.

Does MealBoard accept recipes from most of the Pinterest links, which tend to be bloggers and not commercial websites? I remember when I first started using Pepperplate there were only certain websites that you could upload recipes from - which kind of turned me off when I discovered Pinterest and started finding more and more recipes on there.

Sorry...just now seeing your question. There is a pretty big list of websites that Mealboard can automatically import from:

AllRecipes
    BBC Good Food
    Betty Crocker
    Bon Appetit
    Chow
    Clean Eating Mag
    Cooking Channel TV
    Diabetic Living Online
    Eating Well
    Epicurious
    Fine Cooking
    Food52
    Food & Wine
    Food.com
    Food Network
    Food Network CA
    Kraft Recipes
    Martha Stewart
    MyRecipes
    PaleOMG
    Paleo Plan
    Simply Recipes
    South Beach Diet
    Spark Recipes
    Skinny Taste
    Taste.com.au
    Taste of Home
    Thermomix
    Vegetarian Times
    Whole Foods

But any that you can't import directly from, it's pretty quick to manually enter them. You don't have to type them, just copy and paste into the appropriate fields.

You are correct though...the initial setup is the most time-consuming part, especially setting up your grocery store aisles. Setting up recipes gets easier as you go though because each ingredient is saved with the location in your store, so once you've set it up once, it's there for future recipes as needed.