Low carb filling breakfast ideas please ?

Options
im eating porridge the carbs are high but it's filling & low calorie
What do you eat for breakfast ?
Thanks

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Bacon and egg often. Low carb milkshake some weeks. Lasts me to 1pm or later.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thankyou
    Yeah I was thinking that but I don't find them filling like porridge but worth a try
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Egg and egg white omelette! I used 2 eggs, 3/4c egg white, 100g mushrooms sauteed with 2g margarine and thyme, 1 slice of low-fat cheese and some spinach leaves. Came to about 310 calories, could barely finish it and wasn't hungry again for like 6 hours :)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    A typical breakfast for me is bacon and eggs. Often, I will eat a banana to go with it.
  • CARoberts73
    CARoberts73 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I saute half a portabella with 5 or 6 asparagus and then serve 2 poached eggs over top. Mmmm
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One egg, two slices of crisp bacon, some salsa, and black coffee.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    dinner leftovers! If I get bored of eggs I will eat a greek yogurt with granola. For a special treat:http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/egg-with-bacon-brussels-sprout-hash/
  • spunmommy
    spunmommy Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had an omelette with one egg and 1/4 cup egg whites, 2oz of sautéed zucchini, mushrooms and onions, 1/2 cup-ish of strawberries and 2 chicken and sage sausages. 366 calls, 5 grams of carbs.

Plus my coffee with 2tbsp of heavy cream.....
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I always go for protein or healthy fat. Like eggs or greek yogurt or I add peanut butter to a fruit smoothie although a smoothie is gonna have carbs unless when you say carbs you are talking breads and such. I also recently tried to add a lil coconut oil to a smoothie. It seemed to sate my hunger til lunchtime. I'd bet avocado would do the trick too.
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    3 slices Turkey bacon
    3 egg whites
    30g of cheese

If it's the weekend, I'll get fancy, switch the whites to 2 whole eggs and make eggs in clouds.

I'm all about protein in the am.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Thankyou great ideas my shopping list will change