New to India and working from home. Looking for advice and motivation.

Options
I'm 29 years old, moved from the U.S. to India a few months ago. Before my move I had a gym membership and used myfitnesspal to help me lose a lot of weight. The weight roller coaster is not a new ride for me, and as expected after a big lifestyle change I am starting to see some weight creeping back on.

Living in India is nice because many of the foods are more fresh and lower in calories than in the US, but I am living in a city where a lot of the main dishes are fried. I also went from working in a packing and shipping store where I moved around all day and walked a mile to and from work to working from home and not being able to walk outside. My apartment complex has a small gym that I started to use but it pales in comparison to the gyms I'm used to. At least I can get my cardio in and do some free weights.

I am looking for some motivation here, maybe some home exercise tips or if any of you live in India and can offer advice on what to eat and what not to eat for staying healthy I would love to be friends!

Replies

• basithtamil
    Options
    Welcome to India... :) Ofcourse Indian foods are less in calories.. But what matter is, where u get it from.. Here u can buy one idly for Rs. 10 in normal restaurant and for Rs. 200 in a star hotel