GET FOCUSED IN MAY Mini Challenge for May 6th

♥Violette♥4Ever♥
♥Violette♥4Ever♥ Posts: 457 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
To: Get Focused in May Challenge Participants

After receiving approval to move forward with this challenge from the man himself, I am pleased to annound that the mini challenge for tomorrow, May 6th, is to drink an additional 1 LITER OF WATER (approx 33 ounces) on top of your daily water consumption. So for example, I average 3 liters per day but tomorrow, I will consume 4 liters.

As always, it is a requirement that you post a reply to this thread advising how many liters of water you normally consume. I will be posting a water check status periodically throughout the day and I ask other Administration staff members to copy and paste my water check posts so all challenge participants can "shout" out how many liters/ounces have consumed thus far at each check point.

Thank you for you time. Good luck and God speed.

Very truly yours,
~*.*~♥Violette♥4Ever♥~*.*~
(This message has brought to you by the LEE FOR PRESIDENT campaign)

Replies

• ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    I'm in! I usually drink about 3 liters a day.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    bump for tomorrow. nice to know in advance so I can start as soon as I get up at 4. sometimes i don't see the challenge thread till late in the day! Thanks for the early warning!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Yeah this is a really good idea to post the challenges the day before because some people do miss them throughout the day.....
    Just a thought, that said..... I will def try my best however I drink quite a bit of water as is.... today 144 oz. But I'll try, after all it is a CHALLENGE!!! Cheers and let's drink up :drinker:
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    My daily water goal is 96 oz. I will increase and say my norm in 3 liters. So I will challenge myselft to drink 4 liters tommmorrow or 136 oz.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    good morning! Just rolled out of bed (5:30) and downed the first 8 oz.
    1 cup down, 11 to go!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    I usually drink 16 cups (128 oz) ... Trying for 160 today ... wonder how many calories I'll burn running to the restroom at work!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Good Morning! I usually drink 100oz a day so today I will be shooting for 140oz.
    Good luck everyone!

I also agree about the early message. This is the first one I have seen. If you label them all GET FOCUSED IN MAY then I can do a daily search for the thread.

• GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    morning all!! i usually try to drink my recommended 64 oz of water per day... so today, i'll drink 96!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,283 Member
    I usually (try to) drink between 64-72...so 96 today. I'm a quarter of the way done.
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Yesterday I drank 88oz. So today I'm shooting for 121oz.

I'm 40oz in....81 to go!!!
  • tmoran8403
    tmoran8403 Posts: 6
    I'm new at this, but normally I drink 100 oz per day so I'll go for 134 oz today :)
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    I usually drink 8 cups so will drink 12. I'm already 7 down for the day :)
  • andreamichelle82
    andreamichelle82 Posts: 324 Member
    bumpin!
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    From birth to last week I drank about 1 or 2 cups a day. Monday I started pushing it and drank 1.5 liters a day. Today I have drank 1.5 and staring the next 1.5. If you don't hear from me I have drowned please come get me.:indifferent:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 325 Member
    Im late reading this challenge, but I'm so in... I usually drink 8 glasses... so 12 it is!

I am at 4 so far..... let's do this :)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 325 Member
    From birth to last week I drank about 1 or 2 cups a day. Monday I started pushing it and drank 1.5 liters a day. Today I have drank 1.5 and staring the next 1.5. If you don't hear from me I have drowned please come get me.:indifferent:

DITTO!!! I used to drink 1 -2 cups until I started MFP about a month ago... it makes a huge difference with the weight loss :) ..

Let's do this!!!!!!!!!
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Bump
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    On a regular I consume about 3 - 4 liters daily. So this would bump me up to 4 - 5 today. Can do!! :drinker:
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    GREAT challenge. On my good days if I stay on top of it I maybe average 10c/80oz so I'm gonna shoot for 14c today.
  • cowpoke06
    cowpoke06 Posts: 171
    Ok, i did the math, my goal is to drink 64 oz so today I'll try for 96. I drink out of a 32 oz nalgene so instead of drinking 2 bottles today ima shoot for 3...whish me luck...two is hard enough...
This discussion has been closed.