100 lbs gone by Christmas challenge

Options
Hey friends! I'm new here, my name is Shawn. Decided about a week ago that I was sick and tired of being overweight and miserable, so I decided it was time to put my high school football nutrition knowledge to use and get rid of the extra person on my body. I weighed in a 4 days ago at 335 lbs and I'm challenging myself to lose 100 lbs by Christmas. On top of being driven to just be healthy and not despise the mirrors in my house, I've also been challenged by my mom, grandmother and my boss at work to keep track of how much I've lost and they'll pay me 1$ each for every pound. So on top of being healthy and in shape, I could potentially make 300 bucks, and who wouldn't love THAT as a Christmas present! So throw me some love, advice, whatever you want! I realize that I'm facing a monumental task, but I'm up for the challenge!!

Replies

• Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You got a cheerleader here! You really can do it. I did.
  • Gogosoto101
    Gogosoto101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What a plan!! You can do it!!
  • devillierthompson
    Options
    Good luck! Stay focused!
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I stepped on my scale on August 28 at 337.7. I stepped on the scale this morning at 291.6. My motivation started out as a health scare. My doctor told me to take in less than 2000 calories per day and get at least 30 minutes of excercise per day. That has worked for me.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Good luck. With three people backing you up, you can stay on track much easier.
  • vddamico84
    vddamico84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Especially with that nice financial incentive.
  • KKJackson91
    KKJackson91 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You got another cheerleader here!:) You can and will make it!
  • operation_fit
    operation_fit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can def do it...
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    GOOOOO diggsgarr!! you have the home field advantage - 3 people in your corner. I have the opposite - people not believing that i can do it, that it's impossible, that it will never work. i'll add you as a friend so we can cheer each other on.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You can DEFINITELY do it!!
  • arlojwiley
    arlojwiley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I stepped on the scale at 311 back in July, and now I'm down to 268. You can do it.
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Back in the 90's I got close to 300lbs - I'm 5'11" - and it took me a couple years to get down to 195, but I was in very good shape - such good shape that I joined the army as a grunt. Just be sure to stay patient and keep your eyes on the prize. Rock it steady man!
  • jiveslice
    jiveslice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck buddy... You can do it!
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good luck dude, you can do it. Scrap the High School Football nutrition knowledge though, chances are that it was all *kitten* anyway. Read a lot here (lurk) and you'll find many of things you were taught were mind numbingly embarrassingly wrong.

Open mind, shut mouth (hehehe eat less) and you'll reach your goal!
  • ShinerShawn
    ShinerShawn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Shawn. My name is also Shawn. I just hit my 100 pounds lost mark on the 1/17/2015 and I too am looking to lose another 100 by the end of the year. If I can do it, then you can do it too! Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • gmgavin
    Options
    I'm on the same journey! Good luck to you!
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That's the plan here.
    I plan to lose 100 pounds by the end of this year.
    Let's do it!
  • charliemaie
    charliemaie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I'd love to lose a hundred pounds. I'm especially bad at boredom eating though, any tips?
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome diggsgar. You have a lot of people in your corner rooting for you. It will get easier as your new habits become a new lifestyle. Please take regular pictures on your progress and put them up for added motivation. I would like to feature your success on my website in due course for the world to be inspired. Good luck.