Low cal alcoholic drinks

Options
The holiday season is near which means the festivities will soon begin. That usually includes alcohol. Do any of you have any ideas for alcoholic drinks that are low in calories??

Replies

• 123purple
    Options
    The holiday season is near which means the festivities will soon begin. That usually includes alcohol. Do any of you have any ideas for alcoholic drinks that are low in calories??
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    Champagne is pretty low cal. Gin and diet tonic also does the tric for me.
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you like beer a Coors Light is only 104 cal?? Or the new MGD with only 64 cal!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I think wine is low-cal. I'm usually fine with a few glasses of it. (I just lay off all the other junk food!)
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I do vodka and water with lemon or lime, or both!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: You know this one caught my attention!! :drinker: :drinker:

LOL :laugh: :wink:

I try to stick with light beers.....I didn't know MGD was only 64 cals though :bigsmile: I'm gonna have to try that :smokin: :bigsmile:
  • Cole4248
    Cole4248 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Go to Hungrygirl.com. There are great recipes including alchololic drinks. Great site!! I am a big fan of Michalob Ultra, but thats more for bar drinking then holidays. Although I would prefer it any time :drinker:

Nicole
  • cbrady77
    Options
    MGD is only 64 cals!?!? WOW! Time to switch up beers!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Taste like butter-water though. lol. Of course my husband and I are beer connoisseurs and drink beer that you guys have probably never heard of, and we also brew our own so we have a different taste for beer. So it might just be us that don't like it, too bad seeing how it's the lowest cal beer ever.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Taste like butter-water though. lol. Of course my husband and I are beer connoisseurs and drink beer that you guys have probably never heard of, and we also brew our own so we have a different taste for beer. So it might just be us that don't like it, too bad seeing how it's the lowest cal beer ever.

*You guys meaning "most people". I didn't mean it in a condescending way, just most people I know have never heard of most the beer that we call our favorites.*
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Im just curious if the new MGD is in canada or just the states?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

I've had it a few times.......actually......now that I think back to my party girl days........:drinker: :bigsmile: :devil: :smokin: ........yes I still like to party a bit now........but back in the day I partied like EVERY day :embarassed: :laugh: :tongue: I remember having them a couple times when all the liquor and budweiser and bud light were gone. They weren't too bad then but ummmmm....I had already had a few so my taste buds probably weren't up to par :bigsmile: :smokin:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    if im drinking (parting)
    i dont worry about calories
    for two reasons
    A. im so drunk i feel sick and wont eat the next day just water!
    B. i usually save all my calories for drinking. ill do a liquid water diet the day im going out. and the day after to recoop!

few nights ago
    i had 9 shots of goldshlagger(sp) with half apple pucker
    and body shots included licking the sugar!
    lets just say i was messed up!
    anyways
    i knew for sure i was gunna gain
    well im down 2pounds
    i think i liquid water thing works for me! so i dont worry about cals!
  • kody1234
    kody1234 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I've had it a few times.......actually......now that I think back to my party girl days........:drinker: :bigsmile: :devil: :smokin: ........yes I still like to party a bit now........but back in the day I partied like EVERY day :embarassed: :laugh: :tongue: I remember having them a couple times when all the liquor and budweiser and bud light were gone. They weren't too bad then but ummmmm....I had already had a few so my taste buds probably weren't up to par :bigsmile: :smokin:

Just so you know....it's not regular MGD that is 64 Cals...it's a new beer that came out a few months ago called MGD Light....IT only has 64 cals
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    1 glass of redwine is only 60 calories or so, so I usually drink that when I am watching my calories. If its been a really hard day, Fresca makes a great low cal mixer for vodka or rum! :tongue:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I drink Bacardi and Diet coke it's like 60 some odd calories an ounce.

Becks also has a 64 calorie beer as well it's call Beck Premium Ultra or something like that

Their was a recipe posted for a Rasberry Cosmo in the recipes area It was really good and like 50 calories - use the search feature bet you could find it.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I stick to hard A with diet soda. The mixer alone can save you hundreds of calories.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Sierra Mist Cranberry splash - the diet is INCREDIBLE and you could add some vodka and lime or orange slice for a cool fruity yummy fake fizzy cosmo
  • Sweettart
    Options
    On the weekend I had the new cherry flavored Fresca and added vodka.......YUMMY! The taste kills the taste of the vodka, could be a killer!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Champagne is pretty low cal. Gin and diet tonic also does the tric for me.

A girl after my own heart :heart: . Just don't forget the lime!:drinker: